You will be directly involved in the design and implementation of big data solutions to help customers integrate and manage their data to achieve business outcomes. You will work with the latest technologies in Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) data technologies, with advanced features in areas such as Geospatial, Graph and Machine Learning. You will work with some of the brightest engineers globally, with deep expertise in many areas such as distributed processing and query optimisation - many of them contributors to popular open-source projects such as Greenplum and PostgreSQL.
Within your first 6 months
* You will be expected to familiarise yourself with the company`s products, specifically Greenplum and PostgreSQL databases, and may also include integration know-how to RabbitMQ messaging and Gemfire cache technologies
* You will conduct discovery sessions with customers to identify business objectives, data landscape and challenges in integration and management of data
* You will design and architect data modernization solutions based on company`s Data products, and present architecture, design vision and strategy to customers at multiple levels including executives, technical management and individual contributors
* You will work with customers to implement proposed data architecture and solutions
With a strong understanding of DW/BI concepts (eg. ETL, ODS, BI Tools), and familiarity of the modern data technology landscape (e.g. Teradata, Hadoop, Snowflake), you can expect a variety of the following assignments:
* Conduct discovery sessions with customers and design and architect data modernisation solutions to meet business goals
* Work with customers to install, configure and tune company`s Data products to meet performance and scalability requirements
* Travel within Japan, up to 50% of the time, for customer discovery sessions and delivery of services on-site
* Provide enablement and advisories to customers in terms of best-practices, optimisation technique and to achieve availability goals
* Work with Engineering and Product Management teams, for rapid competency build-up, as well as influence the development of product features and enhancements
* As an evangelist, be involved in pre-sales activities or marketing events to share the value of company`s Data products, including responding to product related queries as well as delivering proof-of-concepts to get customers' buy-in
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
You will be part of the APJ Team with more than 20 engineers across the APJ region. This position will report to the Data Technical Leaders of Japan and APJ, both them having many years of experience in the Data Engineering domain. The APJ Data Team has a collaborative working culture and will not hesitate to share knowledge and experience regardless of regions. In addition, you will also have access to expertise globally, including Data Teams from America and EMEA regions, as well as engineering team support behind Data products.