Data Engineer, Full Stack Developer-San Francisco, CA-Permanent Role
We are seeking a Data Engineer on the Data & Analytics Team. The successful candidate will be a member of a product team, following best-practice Agile and DevOps techniques to deliver impactful data products for internal partners in the utility industry. You will participate in design and specifications, program logic and flow-charting, development, testing, debugging, documentation, and overall support. Additionally, you will provide analysis of problems and recommend solutions. You will actively participate and practice in an open, highly collaborative Agile environment.
* Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, and enable predictive models Understands business requirements and applies them to complex programming and analysis.
* Communicates (oral and written) recommendations with peers both inside and outside of the department.
* Partners with team members to understand and incorporate standards information and requirements into work procedures.
* Identifies, analyzes and provides feedback to departmental standards, norms, and new goals/objectives.
* Analyzes existing applications and systems and formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, logical database design, performs coding and tests/debugs programs with an operational mindset.
* Works on complex data & analytics-centric problems having broad impact that require in depth analysis and judgement to obtain results or solutions.
* Designs and deploys new complex Enterprise systems and enhancements to existing systems ensuring compatibility and inter-operability.
* Resolves application programming analysis problems of broad scope within procedural guidelines.
* Delivers best-in-class software as part of a software delivery team.
* Understands the infrastructure that allows big data to be accessed and analyzed
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
* 2 years of related work experience
* Experience in mobile development and administration
* Experience integrating Restful services (APIs)
* Experience with unit testing frameworks and test-driven deployment
* Experience with bug tracking and source control
* Experience in data acquisition, data set process, improving data reliability, quality and efficiency
* Experience developing in Python using Spark and other data tools
* Familiar with AWS technologies like Glue, S3 and RedShift
* Experience with large data sets to address business issues
* Experience with modern software delivery practices, including source control, testing, continuous delivery
* Experience delivering product with Agile methodologies
* Competitive base salary and bonus
* Comprehensive health benefits
* Generous PTO and vacation policy
* A strong 401k program and pension
* Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing team
Eligibility: This position is a permanent and does not offer sponsorship. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder to be considered.
Interviews are currently underway, apply today while this opportunity is still available.