Senior Software Engineer - Ruby/Java + 100% remote + 6 months contract to hire + $60 - $80 W2/C2C
The client is a leader in the financial industry, creating an ecosystem of consumer financial products designed to help borrowers become savers. The client was founded in 2009, and has over 300 employees across the U.S. and is headquartered in California.
About the role:
The Engineering team is seeking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to design, build, deploy, and own mobile applications, infrastructure, and data delivering products and services in support of business. You will work with little or no supervision, and be able to take general direction and formulate specific tasks to accomplish the desired results. You will work to contribute to complex functional specs and design docs when necessary.
* Develop and build products that provide an exceptional customer experience for members.
* Own design, test, development and delivery of new and existing features.
* Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle.
* Collaborate cross functionally to identify the best solutions.
* Demonstrates understanding of tradeoffs inherent in software design.
* Capable of working in isolation to design solutions to complex problems.
* Design and develop maintainable, scalable, fault tolerant, and efficient systems.
* Upholding code quality to ensure features are upto standards to deliver a quality product.
* Prioritize team needs in technical debt and tooling to relieve operational load and evolve the system to meet the changing needs of the environment.
* 10+ years experience as a software engineer developing solutions for systems at scale.
* 5+ years mobile development experience
* Mobile engineer with breadth of experience in mobile architecture, and test driven development.
* Comfortable with ambiguity, you are curious, and a motivated self learner.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Thrive in an environment fostering freedom and responsibility.
* Results oriented, knows how to unblock yourself and others to achieve goals and objectives.
* You are a polyglot capable of learning new languages and technologies quickly.
* Experience designing consumer grade mobile applications.
* Experience designing and developing cloud based solutions.
* Understanding of containerization technologies.
* Production experience developing scalable/highly available consumer applications.
* BA/Master degree in Computer Science OR relevant work experience
Preferred but not required:
* Experience with financial services systems
* Hands-on experience with Flutter, ReactJS
* Strong hands-on experience with at least one SQL and one NoSQL variant, i.e. Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis.
* Experience in designing and deploying systems to AWS.