The leading provider of essential information technology and data analytics is looking for a DevOps Engineer who loves to collaborate with peers and is always continuing to expand their knowledge of the field. This opportunity is located in Washington DC with the freedom to work remotely.
This organisation has recently been awarded a Defense Information System Agency (DISA) Encore III Full & Open Contract. They thrive on creating the most inventive approach to any data challenge and provide a full spectrum of information technology services to meet client mission-critical requirements in the government, military, health care and commercial markets. This is an opportunity to join a company that is motivated and united by the sharp focus on getting it right.
The DevOps Engineer will be part developer, part operations, all continuous integration and delivery expert; you will be integral to the design, set up, automation, and maintenance of our entire integration and delivery pipeline. You will be embedded within development teams, working with clients and other engineers and developers gathering requirements, architecting and communicating an end-to-end automated CI/CD pipeline.
* Gathering requirements to understand the big picture of what we are trying to accomplish regarding DevOps/CI/CD, and then design and develop the strategies and frameworks necessary to execute.
* Work closely with a team of developers and QA engineers, understand and anticipate the agile infrastructure needs of the development and testing processes; create an environment where development, QA, testing and production work can proceed in an automated fashion securely, efficiently, and flexibly.
* Work with modern automation and configuration management tool to automate DevOps tasks such as code checkin, software builds, smoke testing, server provisioning, and distributed system installations and builds moving through multiple environments
* Enable Developers and Operations to build and deploy applications to multiple environments quickly and rapidly with "one button click" ease
* Provision, configure, and manage AWS cloud resources using Infrastructure as Code (IAC
* Understand and contribute to the creation of system support documents, operational run books, and build recipes for server configuration
* Drive improvements to our build and release scripts, tools, and processes.
* Using monitoring tools to find problems, resolve and/or escalate to support and application development and ensure that we exceed our service levels
What You Have
You have a deep software development background married with effective intercommunication skills to promote compromise with developers, support engineers, customers, and senior management.
* Deep experience with
* Docker, AWS, ECS, Kubernetes, AWS EKS, & Fargate
* CI tools such as Jenkins
* Deployment management technologies such as CloudFormation and Ansible
* 8+ years' experience in a specifically DevOps role supporting developers by providing infrastructure, maintain CI/CD systems
* 10+ years' experiences in overall software development and distributed applications
* Expert knowledge of AWS Cloud Services
* Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle
* Experience performing trade-off analysis of different strategies
* Experience documenting, articulating, and gamering technical and management buy-in on an overarching DevOps plan
* Proficient ability to write complex code and scripts in a major language
* AWS Advanced Technology Partner
* AWS Solutions Architect or AWS DevOps Engineer (Professional) required
* Flexible Scheduling Program
* Incentive Compensation and Rewards System
* Health & Wellness
* Culture with emphasis on fun and enjoyment
* Online Learning Management System
* & Much More!
Job Type: Permanent or Contract
Start Date: 10/1/2020