DevOps Engineer - LONDON - £60,000
Who will you be working for?
The UK Government is one of the most digitally advanced in the world recently coming top of the 2016 United Nations E-Government and E-Procurement surveys. Despite the progress, citizens feel that the country works for those who govern and not for citizens themselves. People want a more responsive state, they want change and they want it at pace and at scale. In response to those challenges, UK government has a bold IT vision based on user centric design, Agile development, open source software, continuous delivery, infrastructure automation, cloud computing and a DevOps culture. What it needs is partner organisations to help put this vision into practice. We are one of those partners, and we need people like you.
What will you be doing?
* You'll undertake cross-functional engineering projects, working in small teams with other engineers in different knowledge spheres, building supportable, sustainable and reliable services
* You'll work with great engineers - at the end of the day it's all about people. We has a team of great engineers who work together in a community and help each other to deliver and develop as professionals. We work on large scale, technically challenging projects.
* You'll work with great technology - the UK Government has an IT strategy based on user centric design, modern open source technology, continuous integration/delivery, and modern software architectures such as microservices and cloud technology to name but a few.
* You'll help us achieve our vision - the chance to make a real difference at the heart of the digital transformation within the UK Public Sector.
* You'll get opportunities to develop and progress - working on large scale, technically challenging projects. You will be constantly learning through modern learning environments such as Linux Academy, A Cloud Guru and the University. You will have the opportunity to attend conferences, support tech meetups, take part in hackathons, gain industry recognised certification and much, much more.
What are we looking for?
* Appetite for learning new technologies.
* Experience debugging complex, multi-server service in a high availability production environment.
* Good communication skills both in written and verbal format with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
* Extremely sound knowledge of GNU/Linux.
* Experience of building infrastructure in AWS using Terraform.
* AWS certification (SysOps/Developer/Architect) - preferred but not essential.
* Knowledge and experience of setting up and using configuration management tooling - Puppet preferred.
* Reasonable fluency in at least one of: Ruby, Go, Python.
* Strong Understanding of CI environments and how they facilitate the automation process with other orchestration tools.
* Ability to converse with both internal and external stakeholders, holding the appropriate level of conversation at all times.
What else would we love from you?
* Linux (RHEL/CentOS)
* Core Networking & Loadbalancing
* Python / Ruby / Go
* Jenkins / Bamboo
* Git / GitHub / GitLab
* Graphite / Grafana / ELK / Prometheus
* SQL / NO-SQL DB's
* Docker (Swarm / Kubernetes)
* HashiCorp (Packer / Terraform / Vault / Consul)
We are looking for Platform/DevOps Engineers with an appetite to extend their knowledge and apply new skills rapidly on challenging projects. You'll bring a broad range of experience in modern open source stacks, so don't worry if you haven't got strong experience in every skill listed below. If you can demonstrate a good selection of these skills, and a passion for developing exciting new technical skills, then we'd really like to talk to you.
For further information on the role, please get in touch with myself via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via mobile +44 (0)1913387625. Look forward to hearing from you!
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organisations worldwide to find and deliver the best permanent and contract AWS DevOps, Big Data, IaaS and PaaS, and AWS Security professionals on the planet. For more information, visit jeffersonfrank.com.