DevOps Engineer - GLASGOW - £60,000
Who will you be working for?
The UK Government is one of the most digitally advanced in the world recently coming top of the 2016 United Nations E-Government and E-Procurement surveys. Despite the progress, citizens feel that the country works for those who govern and not for citizens themselves. People want a more responsive state, they want change and they want it at pace and at scale. In response to those challenges, UK government has a bold IT vision based on user centric design, Agile development, open source software, continuous delivery, infrastructure automation, cloud computing and a DevOps culture. What it needs is partner organizations to help put this vision into practice. My client is one of those partners, and they need people like you.
What will you be doing?
* You'll undertake cross-functional engineering projects, working in small teams with other engineers in different knowledge spheres, building supportable, sustainable and reliable service, on technically challenging projects.
* You'll work with great technology - based on user centric design, modern open source technology, CI/CD, and modern software architectures.
* You'll have the chance to make a real difference at the heart of the digital transformation within the UK Public Sector.
* You'll get opportunities to develop and progress - constantly learning and getting the opportunity to attend conferences, support tech meetups, take part in hackathons, gain industry recognised certifications and much, much more.
What are we looking for?
* Appetite for learning new technologies.
* Extremely sound knowledge of Linux and Terraform.
* AWS certification - preferred but not essential.
* Knowledge and experience of setting up and using configuration management tooling - Puppet preferred.
* Reasonable fluency in at least one of: Ruby, Go, Python.
* Strong understanding of CI environments and how they facilitate the automation process with other orchestration tools.
My client is looking for Platform/DevOps Engineers with an appetite to extend their knowledge and apply new skills rapidly on challenging projects. You'll bring a broad range of experience in modern open source stacks, so don't worry if you haven't got strong experience in every skill listed below. If you can demonstrate a good selection of these skills, and a passion for developing exciting new technical skills, then they would really like to talk to you.
For further information on the role, please get in touch with myself via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via mobile +44 (0)1913387625. Look forward to hearing from you!
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organisations worldwide to find and deliver the best permanent and contract AWS DevOps, Big Data, IaaS and PaaS, and AWS Security professionals on the planet. For more information, visit jeffersonfrank.com.