Job Title: Sr. DevOps Engineer
Job Type: Contract to hire
Duration: 6 months contract (then hire)
Location: 100% Remote
* Perform hands-on activities involved in creating cloud infrastructure components, migrating from, or integrating with on-premises services, and developing self-service tooling and metrics to empower delivery teams' autonomy.
* Design, build, and maintain the CI/CD infrastructure.
* Help align development and QA requirements with the capabilities of the infrastructure.
* Participate in the design, implementation, and ongoing management for infrastructure tooling and operations.
* Serve in an on-call team and as an escalation contact for service trouble incidents.
* Design optimizations to meet the scalability and performance needs of the organization.
* Linux and/or Unix administration, configuration, and in-depth troubleshooting.
* Expertise with various AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, IAM, ECS, CloudWatch) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution.
* Experience using infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform.
* Strong system monitoring capabilities using AWS CloudWatch and DataDog or similar tools such as New Relic etc.
* Relational and non-relational clustered DB experience (PostgreSQL,MySQL,Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Mongo).
* Very strong configuration tooling (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, etc) and orchestration automation (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc).
* Very strong programming ability in at least one scripting or shell language, such as Python, Ruby, Perl, and/our the Bourne Again shell.
* Solid understanding of all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC).
* Experience with daily use of Git
* Experienced with Information Security compliance, including SOC-2 or PCI compliance preparation
* Experience with financial systems or loan origination systems