Senior Voice Developer (Remote)
A well-established, global provider of telecoms, payments, and mobile solutions (headquartered near 5 ways in Birmingham) is looking to on-board an accomplished C++ Developer VoIP developer (from a C++ background) on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Development you will be intrinsically involved in all stages of the SDLC for new products, fixing any bugs with existing solutions and be centrally involved for the future strategy and delivery of technology solutions utilising our existing platforms whilst using some of the latest technologies.
This role will require a good degree of 'code archaeology' experience and will suit someone who would like to make their mark upon a particular system / product.
* Be involved with the delivery of new development projects from analysis to release
* Working closely with Head of Development, Product Owners and Stakeholders to produce accurate delivery estimates and offer advice in managing the transition from analysis to delivery
* Guide development team efforts towards successful product delivery
* Effect any necessary maintenance or bug fixes to existing solutions
* Take part in reviews / meetings and update on project progress
* Work closely with internal teams to ensure seamless implementation of existing and new systems
* Up to 5+ years of hands on VoIP Network Engineering experience using C++
* Up to 5+ years of a proven record of troubleshooting, operating, and improving complex national large enterprise high-availability VoIP networks / large regional, national, or international carrier-grade SIP VoIP networks
* A thorough understanding and hands-on working knowledge of carrier-grade VoIP infrastructure, specifically SBC clusters (such as Audiocodes, Sonus), PBX solutions (SPECIFICALLY Asterisk, but FreeSwitch considered), SIP servers (OpenSIPS, Kamailio) and end-point devices (WebRTC clients, SIP Trunks)
* Able to understand and analyse PCAP traces to solve complex SIP VoIP and IP internet-working challenges
* Expert programming within C++ (mostly 98, some 11)
* Expert knowledge or experience of telephony concepts would be beneficial (SIP, VoIP, RTP/SRTP, TLS, Voice codecs ideally - A bonus if some knowledge of Kamailio)
* Lots of experience configuring and programming for Asterisk (AGI/AMI) in a Linux environment
* Solid knowledge of developing within Microsoft / Linux based environments
* Good knowledge of Development Design Patterns
* Experience with source control management system and CI/CD environments
* Experience with automated testing
* Experience with agile development methodologies - Scrum, Kanban
* Experience with high performance computing applications, libraries, multi-threading, or parallel programming.
* Solid experience in the design, development, and maintenance of RESTful API's
* Excellent Testing and Debugging capabilities
* Self-driven, independent problem solver, technically versatile, willing to be flexible and accept new challenges.
* Good administrator-level knowledge of Linux/Unix.
* Expertise in SMPP, SMS Gateways
* Good understanding of using Software Design Patterns
For more information get in touch with Daniel Cordy on 020 3879 8375 or email your updated CV to email@example.com