My client is looking for a passionate candidate to fill the position of a Principle Software Engineer / Team lead role within a global , corporate, company. This position will be split 50% hands on and 50% hands off. You'll be managing a team and will become very submersed within the relevant technologies.
Role & Responsibilities
* You will be responsible for leading and guiding the team as a team lead and dealing with any team issues and conflict.
* You will work alongside the Head of Engineering to set and achieve goals and objectives for the team
* You will help, evaluate and drive technical decisions and plan teams development and support.
* You will be working with engineers at all levels, as well as promoting technical standards, sharing your expertise, helping them to find the best solutions while also giving them coaching and mentoring to set the teams for success and help them perform at their best.
* You will have flexibility to use your personal judgement and feedback to gauge where your contribution is needed
* Work with your peers from other areas to widen your knowledge, deliver broader solutions and ensure re-usability of the tech and skills across different domains and also support each other.
Skills & Qualifications
* Extensive experience and speciality in Node.js
* Experience working across functional teams with about 5 people in each team
* Flexible working - tailored approach to balance your working from home and collaboration in the office, sensible freedom to shape your week and day working hours, offices in different locations
* Colleague discount across company brands.
* Health cover
* Holiday allowance
* Bonus scheme
* Pension plan
* Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
* 2 'Duvet days' per year, meaning 2 days a year you can decide to have the day off work with less than 24 hours' notice
* Private health insurance
* Life insurance
* Income protection
* 1 volunteer day per annum
* 4 week sabbatical after working within the company for 4 years
* Monthly office breakfast
* Company parties
* Dog friendly office
* Matched pension contributions up to 6%
* Company wins program