SC Cleared IT Systems Engineer (DevOps) | 12 months | Inside IR35 | Remote/3 days on site - Surrey
Active Security Clearance is required!
Jefferson Frank are supporting a client within the public sector who are in pursuit of a - IT Systems Engineer.
Knowledge and experience of:
* Developing and testing IT solutions for a development test rig
* Developing and testing Virtual desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solutions
* Developing and testing Virtual Machine solutions (VM Ware)
* Software, V Sphere, VM Ware, desirable: C sharp, zabbix, bamboo
* Scripting languages, ideally Python and Powershell,
* Infrastructure hardware (physical rack mounted equipment).
* Administration functions within a virtualised environment- including virtual resource management, resilience (HA & DRS), clustering and performance monitoring.
* Orchestration tools (automation, scripting).
* File systems and storage management (migration, snapshots, allocation).
* Server operating system administration (Windows and Linux).
* Containerised software applications.
* HCI (human computer interfaces).
* Cabling/patching (Ethernet and Fibre), cable management, clear labelling and patch diagrams.
* Ability to respond to technical queries and perform troubleshooting investigations where necessary, with full root cause analysis and rectification plan creation.
* Working in an 'Agile' engineering development environment.
Specific Key Accountabilities and Deliverables:
* Compliant technical solutions against contractual requirements and regulations.
* Design documentation generated, captured, configured and controlled in accordance with company processes.
* Engineering LCM adherence for all deliverables, Sub Contract Design Reviews and relevant input to project LCM activities.
* Engineering Lifecycle Management (LCM) adherence for all deliverables, Sub Contract Design Reviews and relevant input to project LCM activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
* 5 years experience as a DevOps engineer
* Knowledge of IT systems in the defence, maritime or closely linked domain and have a comprehensive understanding of how their own systems and activities interact with the overall platform.
* Knowledge of the complete engineering lifecycle with some experience of operating in a number of phases.
If you have the required skills, please apply with your CV at first instance!