I am working with an exciting start up who are kicking off large machine learning project and looking to bring in an experienced Machine learning engineer for the next 6 months initially on a fixed term contract. There is a strong possibility this role will be extended or potentially even move into a permanent role.
The Lead Machine Learning Engineer will be responsible for creating and deploying complex end-to-end production level machine learning and/or artificial intelligence solutions. This will be conducted on live streaming data.
The successful candidate will have experience in taking theoretical machine learning/artificial intelligence solutions and deploying them at scale. The successful candidate will also have experience in producing end-to-end production-level solutions that can utilise real time predictions on streaming data, both locally and on the Cloud to generate automated business critical decisions.
· Design end-to-end production-level real-time solutions both locally and on the Cloud
· Research and implement appropriate machine learning algorithms
· Develop machine learning applications according to requirements with support from Data Scientist
· Aids in development of streaming data pipelines from Internet of Things and similar
· Perform hyper-parameter optimisation's
· Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results.
· Keep up to date with developments in the field
· Take existing models, and combine them to be fit-for purpose through support of the Data Scientist
Key Skills and Experience
· Previous experience managing Machine Learning projects, or be able to demonstrate how you could step up to this role. The company have high ambitions to evolve their technology and you need to hit the ground running.
· Experience in developing data pipelines and software architecture.
· Experience in deploying software with GCP and/or AWS.
· Knowledge of maths, probability, statistics and machine learning/AI algorithms.
· Ability to write robust code in Python, using standard libraries such as Sci-kit learn, Pandas, etc.
· Experience with TensorFlow lite, Pytorch 2.0, SQL.
· Experience in working with live streaming data.
· Experience in generating and working with APIs.
· Experience with CI/CD and containerisation (Docker/Singularity) is a bonus.
· Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Be adaptable; we are a small team and work at a fast pace and things can change quickly. You need to be willing to adapt to unexpected opportunities and challenges, to step outside of your comfort zone and engage in jobs that are outside of the job spec.
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field; a PhD / post-doctoral qualification is a bonus.