Available position: Backend Engineer (Sr level)
Possible start date: ASAP
EU citizen or eligible to work in the Netherlands - No visa provided
Who is the client?:
We're dealing with the digital asset industry in whole Europe. Our aim is to bridge the gap
between the finance and tech industry and to facilitate institutional adoption of digital assets
through derivatives. Our team is full of independent, creative and adaptive talents and they're
looking to welcome you in the team.
Regarding the technology, we're seeking the most advance technology to offer a fast and reliable
trading interface. In order to achieve that in a productive way, we use Rust but we're also open
About the role:
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for setting architectural direction for our
core exchange containers, delivering large bodies of well-crafted code and owning projects that
directly impact our systems. You will work closely together in multidisciplinary teams to develop
a deep understanding of trading, exchanges and how the hardware works in which our
machines are running. You're not attached to tools and technologies; you focus on solving
problems. Your challenge is to further innovate and maintain the foundation underlying our
* Own the design, development and deployment of services that comprise our
distributed trading platform.
* Build professional relationships across the business to ensure we're feeding the best
ideas into our solutions.
* Manage and optimize deployment pipelines to reduce risk and provide production
support where required.
* Find the simplest, cleanest solutions and continually optimize them.
* Balance the race to production with software quality, extensibility and testability.
* Foster an environment where people are continuously learning and teaching at the
same time so that the tech team can thrive and successfully fulfill their tasks.
What we offer:
* Competitive base salary compensation 75-90k EUR, with bonus post-launch
* Stock Option Plan worth 50-75k EUR (Seed post-money valuation)
* Relocation package for non-Dutch residents
* Dynamic, international, innovative, and respectful work environment -employees
are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives
* Premium Office Space with Rich Amenities located in Amsterdam
* Technology colleagues you will be around by
* Work on complex and challenging problems in Rust
Who is the ideal candidate ?
* You'll already have around 5+ years of experience in a low-level programming
language (e.g., C, C++ or Rust).
* You deliver. You enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting
designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a solution
that always works.
* You find big challenges exciting and enjoy discovering problems as much as solving
* Previous experience in the financial industry. Knowledge of the Financial
InterExchange protocol (SBE & FAST) is highly advantageous.
* Ability to express your ideas and thoughts to your team members clearly in English.
* EU citizen or eligible to work in the Netherlands
If you're interested in this live vacancy, please forward me your updated CV at:
firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the most suitable days and hours to invite you for an
Jefferson Frank is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care
leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition,
national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable
accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send
a request via the email.