Software Project Manager, 70K, London
This company, based in North London, has developed a state-of-the-art, web-enabled, bespoke centralised management software package that is revolutionising the Fire Risk Assessment industry. The new system will be used by all of their clients. A Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager is now required to join the dynamic in-house team.
We are looking for a multifaceted individual that will perform a role of Business analyst as well as manage software development projects implementing best Agile methodology practices. We are looking for a self-starter who will makes things happen. This role is well suited to candidates who are willing to continually learn new skills and challenge themselves. Since technology is at the heart of our company, you will be making a continuous impact by supporting team members in the effort to innovate and adopt latest technologies that deliver a competitive advantage and develop applications that differentiate.
The ideal candidate will have a technical/programmer background, with excellent knowledge of software development cycle and agile methodologies in order to tailor them to best suit the team and the company. They will have proven track record as a Business analyst and the ability to quickly grasp the company's business, specify detailed business requirements and translate these requirements into technical specifications. Experience in Legacy systems re-design is highly desirable.
As a Project manager, this individual will have the ability to inspire the in-house Technology team to be their best and stay focused on goals, especially when stakes are high and outcomes matter the most.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Track record of excellent Business analyst skills.
* Experience in Legacy Applications redesign very desirable.
* Experience in working with third party software suppliers.
* Ability to communicate well with internal project stakeholders as well as clients.
* Proven experience as a Project Manager as an Agile certified practitioner.
* Experience of managing multiple projects at the same time.
* Excellent knowledge of software development cycle and agile methodologies.
* Must have a technical background sufficient to understand the technologies and technical issues involved with the product.
* Able to anticipate and identify critical technical obstacles, and to make accurate technology decisions when working with developers.
* Understanding of databases and data query languages (SQL server) highly desirable.
* Proven experience of software testing principals.
* Can do attitude.
* Affinity for new technologies and innovation.
* Proven track record of taking full responsibility to meet deadlines.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Interacts well and respect people from all disciplines to accomplish a task or a goal.
* Ability to work in a fast pace, multi-cultural and changing environment.
* Implement effective project control by monitoring the progress of the technical development stages and reporting the status of key milestones.
* Direct and prioritise the workload of the development team.
* Assess, plan for and manage project risks, issues, escalations and problem resolutions.
* Excellent knowledge of X company products, markets and client processes.
* Maps the system from the high level to documenting business detailed requirements.
* Wireframe mock-ups must be part of the documentation.
* Effectively communicates throughout project with project stakeholders and clients.
* Continuously works with development team, acts as a product owner in agile team meetings and makes sure that we deliver products that create value for the business and our clients.
* Make sure that business requirements are met through acceptance tests, once unit, integration and QA tests have been completed.
* Work with clients and support their team at the final phase of product delivery.
The role would suit someone who is self-motivated and passionate about maintaining high quality software. You must be a dedicated team player to fit in with our busy but relaxed working environment. There is huge scope for progression and so an ambitious and driven attitude is a must. We offer competitive rates of pay along with:
* Excellent working conditions
* In-house training and continuing professional development
* Flexible working hours
* A motivated and supportive team behind you