Position: Software Architect, C#/C++ 3D simulations.
As an architect, your role involves taking a comprehensive perspective on the entire current code base. Your primary task is to grasp a deep understanding of the existing code base and, based on this understanding, make informed decisions regarding the selection of platforms, programming languages, frameworks, libraries, tools, and other technologies that should be employed when introducing new features. This ensures seamless integration with the existing code base. As a software architect, it's also your responsibility to ensure that development teams adhere to best practices, coding standards, and technical requirements.
Your responsibilities extend to contributing to the development of our company's technical infrastructure and software applications. This includes tasks such as system integration, collaborating with product owners and various stakeholders, and defining the necessary solutions for implementing business requirements. In addition, you will work in tandem with a group of development teams, following an agile approach, to design, develop, test, and maintain software systems.
Working with a large, established and successful firm, there is a range of attractive benefits on offer, alongside a high salary.
* Understand, manage, communicate, and enforce our software architecture roadmap.
* Define and document the architecture and design.
* Manage the design, development, and implementation of software solutions.
* Translate business needs and requirements into technical requirements for software applications.
* Guide the software development process through high-level decision making.
* Coach and mentor, the team members, software engineers, programmers, and testers
* Create and maintain design and code standards.
* Serve as a technical liaison among project managers, developers, and stakeholders.
* Ensure code standard is followed by review of pull requests
We are looking for:
* Master's degree in computer science, information technology, software architecture, or related field
* Interest in mathematics, physics, and engineering
* 5+ years' experience working as a part of a software development team.
* Knowledge of object-oriented programming and software design patterns
* Familiarity with software build tools, Microsoft Azure and Visual Studio
* Familiarity with software version control systems such as Git
* Experience with agile software development methodologies like Scrum
* Experience with testing frameworks, such as NUnit
* Strong interpersonal communication skills, fluent English speaking.
* Passion for software architecture
If you are interested in discussing the details, please contact Dylan Johnston on:
Or apply here.