Lead Data Architect
Full remote working
6 month initial contract
Jefferson Frank are looking for a Lead Data Architect to on-board for a 6 month initial contract.
The Lead Data Architect will design and implement solutions using a range of AWS infrastructure, including S3, Redshift, Lambda, Step Functions, DynamoDB, AWS Glue, RDS, Athena, Kinesis, Quicksight and Databricks.
The Lead Data Architect will liaise with clients to define requirements, refine solutions and ultimately hand over to our own Managed Service Teams or to our clients' own technical teams.
The ideal candidate will have exposure to CI/CD processes, or at least be keen to learn - our clients love infrastructure as code, and we like our engineers to own the deployment of their work. Candidates should delight in creating something from nothing on greenfield projects. We're looking for people who can't let go of interesting problems. We need people who can work independently; but we're a close-knit, supportive team - we like to learn new things and share our ideas, so that clients get the best return on their investments.
· Shaping & designing solutions (notably data analytics, data integration, data platform)
· Driving the performance of assurance activity to delivery appropriate quality
· Leading the production of solutions in collaboration with Engagement Manager
· Presenting public & client facing collateral about projects and practices
· Designing & developing solutions (notably analytics, data integration, AI/ML)
· Designing & developing data models aligned to the functional and non-functional requirements
· Work closely with other members of agile deployment team
· Selection & configuration of appropriate, base technologies (eg Amazon Redshift, RDS)
· Selection & application of appropriate standards & principles
· Capture & implementation of functional & non-functional requirements
· Expert in data modelling and latest data trends including Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, 3NF, Dimensional Modelling, Data Mesh, Data Fabric
· Supporting the identification of risks & issues
· Undertaking appropriate assurance activity (eg design review, code walk-through, code test) to delivery appropriate quality in the technology solutions being produced
· Harvesting valuable assets to support learning & effective re-use
· Promotion of DevOps practices with both clients & internal delivery teams
· Feed into development of the Data Management Practice
· Supporting the shaping of engagements through contribution to production and operational estimates