Senior Python Software Engineer
Our client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. The perfect candidate will have outstanding knowledge of software engineering fundamentals and exposure in building API's that use distributed architecture paradigm. You would join an outstanding group of engineers responsible for taking healtcare data and transforming it into canonical data models for use in data science. As a software engineer with our client, you will be in charge of architecture, design and development of core features that power their data platform.
* Communicate with stakeholders to comprehend the needs and ensure the product meets expectations
* Expand and launch stremaing microservices which improve upon the raw data with information and models
* Create scalable APIs that are needed to enable integration with clients and other merchants.
* Write a multitude of tests for new services and features
* Build upon the code through constant integration, testing and code reviews
* Enrich and upkeep tools and systems to ingest, transform and spread numerous application streams.
Qualifications & Experience
* Advanced skills as a Data Engineer/Backend Engineer
* Expertise with Python, and exposure with micro frameworks like Flask and FastAPI
* Experience with building and maintaining robust backend services (microservices, APIs, distributed data stores).
* Prior knowledge in building data pipelines that are scalable, reliable and fault tolerant while delivering on data integrity and code quality.
* Ability to create data models for relational and key-value stores like Cassandra, ElasticSearch, and Kafka/Kinesis.
* Experience with kubernetes and docker to facilitate the management, deployment, and resiliency of microservices, APIs.
* Cloud Experience preferred: AWS or GCP.
* Startup experience preferred