Engineering Manager - Up to £95k + Bonus
As an Engineering Manager, you will help drive the DevOps culture within one of the engineering functions. You will manage the service and development of our AWS platform or applications across production and non-production environments, including but not limited to the modernisation of existing services. The Engineering Manager will have a key role in managing the team workload and reporting on progress, working in accordance with development methodologies. The user will have leverage industry best practices, tools, agile methods and infrastructure to deliver high quality service.
* Has experience in successfully driving solutions in a cloud environment alongside multi-disciplinary teams across different, but related specialisms.
* Navigates multiple critical components & changes within their modern AWS estate
* Serves as the ultimate problem solver and final stop for troubleshooting issues.
* Defines and helps the team manage the flow of work independently.
* Serviced focused ensuring all service controls are met.
* Understands the value in different ways of working and challenges inefficiencies.
* Drives improvements in community content, health, and moderated discussion.
* Responsible for the line management, coaching, and guidance of a team.
* Has guided and influenced stakeholders.
* Challenges stakeholders and project scope where needed.
* Clarifies and communicates stakeholder objectives.
* Defines and elaborates on tasks, weighs pros/cons, coordinates with stakeholders for important components.
* Living the clients values through proactively taking responsibility, owning any issues arising and following through to resolve them (within their role remit). Recognise how their individual responsibility impacts team delivery and inspires others to do the same.
* Be visible to help to deliver a positive, inclusive culture where everyone can deliver to their full potential
* Consistently focus on the bank being an inclusive employer and a place where people love to work
Comfortable with one or more of the following technologies
* Serverless to run most of our services, but they like to play with containers too!
* AWS for our infrastructure.
* Terraform to build infrastructure.
To find out more contact email@example.com or call on 0191 814 7785.