API Developer/ Document Writer
This is a team of innovators in every aspect of what they do, and count among them the best engineers, developers, researchers and product leaders in the world of communications technology. They are excited about how the world is technologically evolving and strive to lead new revolutions in how businesses communicate via cloud, artificial intelligence, automation and mobility. Their Solutions & Technology team are now seeking the best and the brightest to help transform how the world connects.
This client architects systems to be highly available, fault tolerant and distributed from the ground up. They invest in reliability improvements to support their scale and business criticality of their solutions and container applications. Operational automation, testing, and performance improvement is critical to the success of their solutions. They are now looking to expand the team with a technical writer specializing in API documentation who can produce detailed and engaging content for their developer portals and technical guidance for development partners helping them to integrate their products with their solutions. Ideally you will be based in our Galway office or open to hybrid working!
Build a clear picture of the customers and their needs, with a deep understanding of their business goals.
* Research and write accurate, to-the-point, API documentation in a structured and easily accessible format for internal and external developers.
* Develop content with a focus on connecting with user personas who have technical backgrounds.
* Collaborate with technology experts and API teams to understand the applicable technologies, platforms, and solutions.
* Liaise with the core documentation team and development teams to ensure our API documentation is consistent and meets the needs of their users.
* Deliver high-quality API developer content by researching and writing content that connects with their customers, including UI text, sample code, videos, or other educational material.
* Edit developer-written content and documentation for consistency and continuously update content with current information.
The Desired Experience
We are seeking candidates with strong communication and problem-solving ability for this client, someone who takes pride in what they work on and obsess about the quality of the work they produce. Self-starters who can participate in an autonomous team environment with a "can-do" approach.
Previously, you've been part of teams that have built exciting SaaS and/or PaaS products and loved the satisfaction from knowing that people around globally, are using something you've created.
* Experience working as part of team adhering to agile principles.
* Experience writing REST API Design and the OpenAPI Specification.
* Experience with API documentation tools and environments (Readme.io, Slate, Swagger).
* Experience with Markdown generators like Hugo/Jekyll and/or Content Management Systems (CMS) like Drupal/Wordpress.
This client provide comprehensive health insurance plans that include medical, dental and vision for you and your family, in many countries. They also provide wellness and employee assistance programs.
Recharge & Refuel:
They work in a dynamic environment and they recognize the need for you to take a break and recharge. They genuinely encourage employees to use their generous time-off policy on a regular basis.
Grow your skills with access to on-demand platforms and enhance your diversity lens by participating in a program that fully funds you for a cultural immersion in another country.
Growth & Development:
A feedback loop is important as you grow in your role and career. This client schedules frequent check-ins with you and your leaders to help you identify your path to success.
This client invite you to own a share of their innovative company. As an employee you have the opportunity to purchase their stock
Our mission is simple: we want happy customers.
Whether you're an AWS or DevOps professional, we will help you walk into your dream AWS/DevOps job. Work with us and you'll get the personalized experience you deserve - one you'll simply not find at any other recruitment agency. At Jefferson Frank, we find great people great jobs in AWS and DevOps.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity and growing within the team, then get in touch now so that we can discuss the role and responsibilities!