Director of Engineering
Fully remote UK - Interviewing ASAP
We're building the next generation of capabilities that powers our merchant-first ecosystem. We believe that focused and empowered teams can do great things. You'll find that we're a curious, driven, and pragmatic bunch who believe in outcomes over outputs, and we're looking for like-minded individuals to join us on our journey.
Unique opportunity to establish an engineering organization with the oversight to design, implement, and lead.
As Director of Engineering, you'll work closely with our leadership team to build a world-class engineering group. You'll be a focused on attracting and developing engineering talent, but also staying hands-on in the technology to oversee the development of an outstanding product and customer experience.
Your leadership will be instrumental in driving organizational change as we move the team to a more agile development framework that enables faster time to value across our product portfolio.
* Mentor, develop, and retain top-notch engineering talent.
* Create effective software development teams
* Drive constant innovation through Architecture, Database, Engineering, and DevOps teams.
* Collaborate closely with the executive team as well as cross-functional teams to deliver great products and solve problems as needed.
* Support the product team and planning process to deliver great products and ensure all deadlines and needs of the business are being met.
* Maintain and improve agile processes collaboratively with the teams, and enable new development techniques or methods to reduce complexity, promote quality, and increase velocity.
* Help engineers grow in their career paths, learning new technologies, and tackling increasingly challenging projects.
* Drive efficiency in your teams by eliminating blocks and focusing efforts on tooling, continuous integration/delivery, and maintainable automation testing.
* Able to coordinate the development of cross-team features between engineering teams, product managers and our technical operations team.
* Experience in software development management.
* A background in object-oriented programming in a language such as Java, C#, Objective-C or C++.
* Hands on experience resolving performance and scalability issues of SaaS-based applications.
* Experience with designing, building, and deploying secure, scalable services in the SaaS environments.
* Strong fluency in Agile software practices.
Excellent communication skills, able to listen to and share ideas, effectively present concepts, and work with remote teams.
To apply to this role, please send an up to date CV to email@example.com or call for a confidential chat on 0191 255 1421.
LinkedIn = https://www.linkedin.com/in/jack-kiernan-firth-ba490a173/
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organisations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organisations globally.