Working for one of the UK's biggest retailers, a multi-brand multi-channel operation, that needs transformative tech to underpin everything they do. And in this area of their business, their focused on doing exactly that - enhancing the speed, flexibility and efficiency of applications by providing best-in-class platforms.
They are bold in their thinking and their given the space to try new things, creating amazing solutions that enable the business to move faster and better and that enrich the working days of hundreds of thousands of their colleagues. They use cutting-edge tech to allow the build of applications to happen at pace and enable colleagues to be fully productive and collaborative anywhere they need to work, keeping every colleague and customer connected to our technology in a way that works for them.
You will be working closely with the other Cloud Engineers within the team and Software Engineers throughout the business to help us develop and manage the container orchestration platform.
You will ensure that we support and deliver cloud microservice infrastructure and its resources which is scalable, reliable and reproducible through IaC (Infrastructure as Code).
Ability to work on your own but also part of a team and use both DevOps and Agile methodologies to help the team run more effectively. Participate and contribute in daily stand ups and sprint planning.
What we're looking for:
* In-depth understanding of AWS and its core components.
* Strong skills in orchestration tools such as Ansible, CloudFormation and Terraform.
* Knowledge of one or more programming languages. Eg, bash, groovy, python, java.
* Working knowledge of Jenkins, Jenkinsfile and seed-jobs.
* Exposure to the below an advantage:
⁃ HashiCorp Vault and Consul.
⁃ Logstash, ElasticSearch and Kibana.
⁃ Containerised platform such as Mesos/Marathon or Kubernetes.
* Good Understanding of DevOps and Agile methodologies.
* Ability to learn and understand new technologies and continuously share knowledge with the other engineers.
* An in-depth understanding of HTTP protocols, request routing and performance as requests pass through the system layers.
* Understanding of how networking, security groups and routing tables work in AWS.
* Implementation of good security practices across all cloud infrastructure.
* Ability to quickly identify infrastructure related issues.
* Great communication skills.
* AWS (RDS, Dynamodb, IAM, ElastiCache, EC2, AutoScaling, ELB, CloudFormation, AMI, S3, R53, CloudWatch, Lambda, API Gateway, CloudTrail etc)
* Jenkins, Docker
* HashiCorp Vault
* Jira and Confluence
* Mesos & Marathon
* HashiCorp Consul
* Kibana and Logstash.
* Holiday allowance
* Bonus scheme
* Pension plan
* Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
* Work-life balance
If this is for you and you meet the criteria above, I'd love to have a chat & discuss this fantastic role I have to offer.
For more information apply to this position with an updated version of your CV or get in touch with the contact details attached.