Software Cloud Engineer - (ETL Expert) / Remote / 3 week contract / 90.00 - 110.00/hr.
W2 or C2C ONLY if you are the sole proprietor of your OWN LLC.
The client is a premier AWS consulting partner as well has being voted one of the best places to work in 2018, 2019, and 2020! The client works with clients ranging from new start-ups to small enterprise organizations and everything in between.
Build and migrate to a new ETL infrastructure on AWS cloud-native services, create ETL blueprint for deployment for each client account.
* Planning, designing, developing, and testing cloud-based applications
* Analyzing customer user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processes or to improve existing systems
* Working closely with other Cloud and Solutions Architects on the migration of customer web applications to AWS
* Collaborating with other engineers and architects to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for our customers
* Contributing to the task estimation process, including understanding customers' current environment in order to suggest the most effective AWS Services
* Building serverless applications for customers using a variety of AWS Services
* Creating reusable, effective, and scalable code
* Conducting software analysis, testing, updating, and debugging
* Participating in internal team scrum and status meetings
* Contributing in R&D projects to validate/invalidate new services and solutions
* Developing prototypes or proof-of-concepts in new technologies
* Deploying and debugging cloud services as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
* Make recommended configuration changes to the client's current ETL processes
Specific Requirements for this Assignment:
We need to have an engineer who will be able to make recommended configuration changes to the client's current ETL processes as the client's current ETL processing times are falling outside of their agreed upon SLA's.
* This engineer will be customer facing to allow for Innovative staff to focus on current project tasks
* Mandatory Technical Knowledge - ETL and EMR Implementation Knowledge
* Preferred Technical Knowledge - AWS Glue and DataBrew working knowledge
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar degree
* AWS Certification(s), dependent on assignment
* 3+ years experience with MySQL, MS SQL, or another relational database. Familiarity with DynamoDB or another NoSQL database.
* 2+ years experience container experience (Docker, Docker Compose, or Kubernetes)
* 2+ years experience serverless experience (Lambda, Fargate, or Aurora Serverless)
* 3+ years experience with code versioning tools such as Git, with continuous integration, automated unit testing and integration testing.
* 3+ years experience with Agile and various process implementations.
* 3+ years experience with Web architectures and services (HTTP, REST, sockets, JSON, multi-threading, etc.).
* Experience designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services.