Role - Amazon Redshift Data Warehouse Architect
Day Rate - £500-£550 (Outside IR35)
Contract Length - 3 Months (view to extend)
Expected start date: 13/09/2021
Snap Analytics' Delivery Director.
My client is a customer-focused consultancy that works with organisations to help them achieve their strategic ambitions through the use of cloud analytics solutions. They use their innovative Snap 360 delivery framework and a culture of teamwork and knowledge sharing striving to achieve 100% customer satisfaction.
This role is a senior role to work with our clients in manufacturing to create an agile, scalable data platform in AWS
Our client needs to integrate data from multiple sources including MongoDB, SAP, and Amazon S3 to deliver reporting and analytics in areas such as OEE, NPD (New Product Development) and sustainability.
You will need to have extensive experience in building data architectures in AWS, working as part of an agile development team and working closely with senior stakeholders.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Design, develop and document AWS end to end data architecture including Redshift clusters, IAM roles and security and s3 integrations and configuration.
* Work with the Matillion ETL team supporting the ingestion of data from multiple sources into Redshift. Previous ETL experience is desirable.
* Support the functional lead to capture and document business requirements.
* Mentor and manage junior developers on the project on all things AWS.
* Demonstrate the 'Art of the possible solutions
Desired Skills / Experience
* 2:1 University degree or above (or equivalent other).
* AWS Certified (Glue, Redshift, Athena).
* Experience of Amazon Quicksights
* Demonstrable technical skills and/or aptitude/attitude.
* Strong Leadership Skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
* Release management and version control (GitHub).
* Experience in manufacturing and connected factory (nice to have)
* An understanding of data modelling methods including data vault and Kimball dimensional modelling
Desired Technical Skills - Some exposure to the below is useful but not compulsory
* Python and/or other programming languages
* Amazon Redshift
* AWS Glue (not essential)
* Amazon Kinesis (not essential)
* Amazon Athena (not essential)
* SAP BW & ECC (not essential
Personality is critical to my client. Essentially they are looking for outgoing people that bring life to the workplace and maintain a positive attitude in all aspects of the job. Consultants will need to be dynamic with a "get up and go" attitude, but more importantly, will bring an eye for detail in everything that you do.
An appetite to continuously learn and share your knowledge will be one of the most important attributes for this role.