Senior Software Engineer - Fully Remote - Up To 80K DOE
My client is one of the largest travel sites in the world, visited by over 500 million travellers each month. This client is able to offer travellers the choice of over 350,000 bookable experiences, adventures and activities to explore the good out there. This organisation is now looking to expand and in doing so are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join their fast-growing team.
This organisation has a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done. The engineers are part of the full process from design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again for further iteration. - This role gives the flexibility to work from home or/and the office!
This is a very bottom-up organisation; there are no software architects thinking deep thoughts and directing the action from above. There is full trust in the engineers to come up with, implement and take responsibility for their own designs.
Do you like building features end to end? Do you like working with a large number of technologies? Do you like moving quickly, releasing features daily, working with other smart and talented engineers? If this sounds like you, we'd love to talk to you.
What you'll do
* Code! Most of the engineers release code to production every few days and we have a daily release cycle.
* Mentor and lead more junior developers.
* Take responsibility for the quality of the code produced by you and the team.
* Build solutions with a wide variety of technologies. Our stack includes Java, React, Docker, Kubernetes, GraphQL, SQL and NoSQL databases, all running on Linux and in AWS.
* Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance.
* Touch code at every level - from the UI, through backend microservices and down to the database.
* Collaborate closely with Product and design teams to define feature specifications and develop high quality deliverables for our customers.
* Work alongside other engineering groups located around the world.
What we're looking for
* At least 7 years' experience of commercial software development.
* A history of web development with a first class object-oriented language such as Java or C#.
* Good understanding of web front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS). Exposure to current frameworks such as React and Typescript is an advantage.
* Ability to design and query relational databases.
* Willingness and ability to take on new technologies.
* Strong analytical skills and desire to write clean, correct and efficient code.
* High quality verbal and written communication skills.
* Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work.
* Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions.
* Background in developing scalable code for high-volume systems.
* Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
What you'll get
* Highly competitive salary along with the following
* Annual bonus
* Excellent contributory pension
* Full family private medical cover
* Full dental cover
* Annual wellbeing allowance (e.g. gym membership)
* Personal travel reimbursement
* Critical illness plus full life cover
* Employee assistance program.
To apply to this role, please send an up to date CV to email@example.com or call for a confidential chat on 0191 255 1421.
LinkedIn = https://www.linkedin.com/in/jack-kiernan-firth-ba490a173/
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally.