- The database architect would own the database architecture within Snowflake. This includes extracting, loading, and transforming data from different data sources into a centralized data warehouse in Snowflake. The architecture is critical to the business intelligence platform and will help the visualization layer developed using Tableau.
Role & Responsibilities
* Responsible for the database architecture within Snowflake
* Own the extraction, load, and transform (ELT) process that is key to the data warehouse layer
* Periodically review queries and optimize them for performance
* Work closely with the data visualization team to create Tableau reports that perform optimally while serving the
* business needs
* Work with the business systems owners to understand the source data and develop a path to extract, load, and
* transform that data in Snowflake
* Be the subject matter expert on Snowflake and the ELT process
* Train super users on running analytics on the Snowflake environment
* Troubleshoot data issues in the ELT pipeline.
Skills & Qualifications
* 2-3 years of Snowflake experience
* 5+ years of data warehouse experience including ETL and ELT processes
* Experience in normalization/query optimization/data structures/database design
* Experience with one or more programming languages (Python, R), Object-Oriented Concepts
* Experience with shell scripting or comparable experience
* Ability to communicate across multiple organisational levels
* Ability to balance strategic and tactical needs while adjusting to changing priorities
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Bachelor's in Information Systems or related discipline.
* retirement plan
If interested in this excited opportunity, with an amzing company please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org or (347) 783-6637