Software Engineering Manager - PERM - 100% REMOTE
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will manage a diverse and global group of software developers in the development of a best-in-class enterprise grade cloud-based platform for decentralized clinical trials. We are seeking a passionate leader who facilitates team success and embraces forward-thinking. Along with your team of software developers, you will work closely with product managers, project managers, architects and executives to build to their specifications for both internal and external customers.
* Build a world-class software development team through a combination of training, career development, recruiting, and process improvement
* Define and lead the adoption of best practices and processes for software development.
* Collaborate efficiently with product Managers, developers, QA and software architects to build an enterprise grade, secure SaaS Web, mobile and analytics platform
* Collaborate with project managers and external stakeholders to optimize developers bandwidth to drive implementation
* Collaborate with the compliance team to resolve engineering CAPA (Corrective Actions/Preventative actions)
* Work with the vendor management team to make sure our third-party software vendors are compliant
* Create an environment conducive to building high-quality, innovative products
* Experience participating in the development and support of software products and technologies in an Agile environment, some of which should be in a public cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure)
* Experience working with global and offshore engineering teams
* Exhibit a strong track record of on-time project delivery for large, highly secure and scalable distributed SaaS projects which uses web, mobile and cloud technologies
* Have a strong passion for automation, testing, and code quality
* Be a servant leader with communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills that your employees appreciate and competitor's envy
* Advanced relationship management and communication skills, including partnering and consulting with executive/C-level roles
* High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
* Possess strong knowledge of code branching, merging and source code control system.
* Knowledge and ability to work with tools like JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket