Senior Technical Architect - Remote/Newcastle - £70,000
My client is an ambitious, successful, and growing technology consultancy who are looking for Senior Technical Architects to join their growing team. Their mission to deliver more and better work for their clients and make a bigger impact on society.
We are looking for a dynamic, outcomes-focused technical architect to help design and deliver transformational changes for our clients. You will have strong technical skills and an agile mindset, and be passionate about solving problems that deliver business value. You will work collaboratively with business and technical stakeholders, leading technical teams in the design of systems and services across multiple initiatives, providing constructive direction and challenge to deliver quality solutions. You will have great communication skills, adapting your style to your audience appropriately to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical people to agree and deliver solutions.
- Be responsible for the technical design of systems and services
- Define strategy and be central to providing technical assurance of new services
- Regularly collaborate and find agreement with senior stakeholders, providing direction and challenge
- Be proactive in identifying problems and translating these into non-technical descriptions that can be widely understood
- Mentor and coach junior colleagues
- Work with the wider architecture community (enterprise architects, solution architects and technical architects) to drive common solutions and services.
You'll suit this role if you:
- Have strong experience as a technical architect
- Can interpret the needs of technical and business stakeholders, communicating proactively to build consensus
- Have the courage to think differently, ask questions and voice your opinion
- Have a collaborative, consultative, open-minded approach
- Can apply strategies, using patterns, standards, policies, roadmaps and vision statements, challenge and provide guidance on them, as well as consider their application on a larger scale
- Can turn business problems into technical designs for moderate risk/complexity/business impact scenarios, working across multiple services or a single large, complicated service
- Understand the latest trends, practices and emerging technologies and their impact the work you do, and you understand how your work fits into the broader strategy
- Seek out deeper underlying risks and opportunities, anticipating and responding to them before they occur
- Can define, evolve and apply architecture and design governance, collaborating and supporting others as part of wider governance processes
- Have experience of designing user-centred solutions using microservices architectures (AWS)
- Have a good understanding of product management, agile principles and development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Want to contribute to a growing architecture community
Bonus / nice-to-haves:
- Knowledge/experience of architecting with the following:
- JVM based programming languages and frameworks
- Web/MVC frameworks with templating
- Document based databases
- Distributed version control systems
- Agile delivery and tracking tools
- Centralised logging and auditing events
- Application metrics, monitoring and alerting
If you are interested in applying for this role or want to find out more information please get in touch with myself via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mobile on 020 3868 5178, or apply via the apply link attached to this advert.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organisations worldwide to find and deliver the best permanent and contract AWS DevOps, Big Data, IaaS and PaaS, and AWS Security professionals on the planet. For more information, visit jeffersonfrank.com