Job Title: Senior Backend Engineer
Location: 100% remote
Work Authorization: US or GC
Salary: $160k-180k per annum
* Unlimited vacation
* 401k - no match at the moment (it's in discussions)
* Flexibility in remote work - don't track people - work anywhere in world
* Health benefits are great - 100% for all employees, 80% for dependents
* Awesome transportation costs
* Stock Options (investment schedule - 4 years - flex in this investment schedule - after year one, switches to monthly - can exercise their options earlier)
About the Company / Team Structure:
The client offers powerful data-driven tools so you can book with confidence. It's the easiest way to save when booking flights, hotels, and cars. They are an online Fintech platform focused on dynamic pricing and auto-booking.
Predicted to go from $1 billion in revenue to $10 billion in the next 5 years, they are the only Finance Travel company to have a 112% increase in revenue during the pandemic.
Company is around 600 people now, with 70-80 engineers. They like to keep their engineering teams small to allow each person to grow to their true potential - so the team this person will be joining will be made up of 6 other engineers & will report to Head of Software Engineering.
Why are they hiring/ what will they be doing?
* Position is open due to growth
* Projects this candidate will work on:
* Team is called "Pricing Tell" - Fintech division - monitor pricing - if an airline price is $400 one day, users can keep the same price the next day - allows for users to get the lowest prices - user faced
* Dynamic Pricing
* Example: Make a deal with AirCanada, and they'll let the company have 10% off their flights - flat fee - in exchange, AirCanada will be at the top of the company's list when users go to book flights, because they gave the site permission to - backend engineer will work on these
Top Skill set:
* GCP (some flex if they have Azure or AWS)
* MUST HAVE: prior mentoring/teaching/experience leading a team - first question they will ask in introductory interview
Nice to Have:
* Fintech / travel company experience
* Distributed systems experience
* 1st - 30 minutes
* 2nd - 1 hour technical challenge (online) followed by 1 hour technical deep dive (video)
* 3rd - 1 hour - heavy technical deep dive - 3-4 technical engineers / 1 director
* 4th - 45 min - cultural with Senior leadership