Jefferson Frank are working with a market leading client seeking an experienced Contract AWS Platform Engineer/Consultant to join them on an initial 6 month contract, this is a hybrid working role with 1-2 days on site in Basingstoke per week and has been determined OUTSIDE IR35.
As a Contract AWS Platform Engineer you will be responsible for design, build and support for the core digital platform capabilities. You will work closely with the Solution Architect & Developers to drive design and developed based on the established platform roadmap. This is a hands-on developer role, and you must have experience deploying and supporting your own production ready code in AWS, as well as automating the build and management of a broad range of cloud infrastructure. You should be familiar with developing unit and functional tests; have experience designing and implementing CI/CD tools with infrastructure as code pipelines; and have knowledge of Linux systems administration, containerization, networking, security, automated configuration and state management, cross system orchestration, configuration management, logging, metrics, monitoring, and alerting.
* Work closely with the solution architects and developers to drive the design and development of high-quality technical solution deployments (incl. production, test and dev environments).
* Drive consistent & repeatable processes & tooling across our application estate.
* Provide quantified delivery estimates for assigned changes & projects. This will include challenging estimates provided by external development partners. Manages demand as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
* Manage all assigned projects or continuous improvement activities within change initiatives, projects or programme to fully meet the defined functional and non-functional requirements within budget and timescale.
* Accountable for assigned deliveries within the project methodology framework.
* Responsibilities may include participation in component or architectural or solution design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and recommendations.
* "Hands on" development and peer reviews as required, exercising troubleshooting and methodical diagnostic skills to resolve issues.
* Reviews requirements, functional specifications, architectural designs and testing strategies. Recommends alternative technical solutions to meet requirements more efficiently, ensuring greater standardisation and reusability. Recognises system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
* Representation as required on project management teams and occasional steering groups.
* Collaborates with architecture, infrastructure, security and external partners to ensure alignment on design is achieved.
* Has responsibility for planning and coordination own actions and that of the wider team within the assigned projects
* Responsible for all assigned projects
* Responsible for ensuring excellent Matrix communication and influence between the wider team, Development teams, Project Managers, Delivery Leads, Architecture, Deployment/Environment management teams, and third-party service providers
* A demonstrable understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle
* Has demonstrable experience delivering high availability autoscaling containerised deployments in AWS
* Has experience working closely with IT Operations, IT Development and IT Service teams to promote a DevOps culture.
* In depth understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery, software configuration management, version control and release management.
* Has demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of medium-large scale development programmes/projects.
* Cloud Computing services, specifically Amazon Web Services: EC2, ECS, Fargate, Lambda, S3, IAM, VPCs, Cloudfront, Direct Connect, Cloudformation, SQS, SNS, API Gateway, ALB, NLB, IAM
* Good understanding of Version control solutions, specifically Git/GitHub
* DevOps methods (integration & automation)
* Continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment tooling, specifically, AWS CodePipeline and CodeDeploy
* Docker Experience, such as writing Dockerfiles, understanding Docker Networking and Service Discovery
* Containerisation orchestration, specifically, ECS and Kubernetes
* Supporting Java software development such as JVM tuning and writing Gradle config
* Good knowledge and hands on experience of Database technologies SQL, KVS and NoSQL particularly MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis & DynamoDB
* Understanding and Basic Scripting in Node.JS, Python and Bash
* Working within Agile teams using Scrum & Kanban or other Lean methodologies
Beneficial Skills & Experience:
* Experience of ITIL and IT Management systems, such as ServiceNow, Jira, and Confluence
* Experience working with Java Spring Applications
* Understanding of RESTful and Reactive systems
* Automated test tools, such as Selenium and Cucumber
* Understanding and working with projects adopting 12Factor App, Semantic Versioning and GitFlow
* Good knowledge and hands on experience of Windows and Linux based operating systems
* Strong analytical and management skills
* Interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
For more information and to submit your interest, please apply with an updated CV to C.firstname.lastname@example.org