Role - Denodo Engineer
Rate - £700 Outside IR35
Location - 100% Remote
Duration - 6 Months + Extensions
Start - 26th July
I am currently working with an IT Consultancy client who are looking for a Denodo Engineer to come on board a Data Transformation project they are completing in the Public Sector. It will be fully-remote, Outside IR35 and there is well over a years worth of work to complete, so extensions are fully expected.
* The Data Transformation programme is delivering AWS-based data products and services for a large public sector organisation. This includes standing up a virtualisation service based on Denodo. The first phase will be to run a proof-of-concept.
* Working for a large government department implementing a 'Foundation' reference architecture for data products based on AWS and the 'data mesh' concept.
* This Foundation is a toolkit or accelerator for building new data products and it consists of standard building blocks, such as Denodo virtualisation.
* The 'data mesh' is the latest paradigm for structuring large data infrastructure.
* We have just completed the architecture design and a small number of reference implementations, are currently planning the delivery phase which will start in April.
* We are responsible for project management, architecture and also have a business transformation team on the project.
The engineer will be a member of a 7-strong engineering pod (or squad) working in an agile environment to deliver new data products and will be responsible for:
* Delivering working code as per the sprint plan
* Providing a clear and correct status on the daily stand-ups
* Following quality processes
* Document technical implementation details
* Delivering a proof-of-concept for Denodo virtualisation software: configuring and testing the software in the client environment
* Integrating and optimising connections from Denodo to structured and unstructured data stores
The Denodo Engineer is somebody with 5+ years of experience of building data platforms with significant experience in configuring Denodo. A Computer Science (or equivalent) university degree. The right candidate is possibly a hands-on architect - somebody who has a very good understanding of the Denodo product, how to install and configure it. Ideally the person is an AWS data platform engineer who also has Denodo skills.
* Experience architecting and building data platforms using Denodo virtualisation software
* Experience with hands-on configuration of Denodo
* Strong architectural understanding of the Denodo product
* Working knowledge of data pipelines and data transformation processes
* Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
* Excellent communicator and good team player
Nice to have:
* AWS Certifications
* Denodo certifications
* Experience working with a range of data services on the AWS platform, for example Redshift, S3, EMR, Kinesis, Glue, Lake Formation
* Infrastructure-as-code experience, such as Terraform
* Experience managing SQL, Big Data and unstructured data stores