Please note this role does not provide Sponsorship - Valid Right to Work needed.
Platform/DevOps Engineer - UK - Remote First (Weekly office requirements in Newcastle Upon Tyne)
£50,000 - £70,000 DOE
Would you like to help create a brand-new engineering organisation? Perhaps you know what great engineering culture looks like, or you have an entrepreneurial side as well as outstanding coding skills? Whatever your aspirations, we're trying to create the best engineering consultancy in the UK and looking for brilliant engineers to be part of the journey.
We help organisations solve their biggest, most exciting engineering problems. We've created banks from scratch on Kubernetes and AWS, built streaming analytics solutions that protect the country and built platforms to enable whole organisations to move to AWS and Azure, and everything in between. We do all this in a work environment where regular social events, inclusivity and an ego-free culture.
Here's what you will do
You will solve the problems that others cannot. You'll spend a day a week working on a combination of internal products and your own development, creating platforms based around a modern, cloud-native tech stack:
· Java 8+ and Kotlin
· AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
· And more…
This is a permanent role within our Technology function. We consider flexible ways of working, that allow the best outcomes for our people and clients. Working closely with our clients is key to successful outcomes, and so travel both UK and international is a possibility.
As an Engineer with us, you will spend roughly 80% of your time on client work, solving interesting problems, with the remainder of your time spent working on internal projects and I.P. as well as training and development.
Who you are?
· Willing to work collaboratively
· Demonstrable experience in automating operations tasks with one or more scripting languages
· Experience creating and/or maintaining production software delivery pipelines using common CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins, GoCD, CircleCI)
· Experience working with one of the main cloud providers (AWS, Azure or Google)
· Have a drive for self-improvement and learning, including learning new programming languages
· Approach solving problems pragmatically
· Experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation)
· Experience supporting and operating production systems
· Familiarity with configuration management tooling (e.g. Ansible)
· Python coding skills
· An additional European language
This is what you get in return
Along with a great company culture, we provide an exceptional compensation package including a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit plan.
· A highly collaborative working environment and great rates of pay (including base salary and bonus potential).
· A range of flexible benefits consisting of well-being and lifestyle benefits.
· A commitment to your development & continuous growth of skills through one-to-one mentoring and wide-ranging hands-on experience.
· 25 days' holiday and the ability to flex this to 30 days if you chose to do so.
· 2 day's CSR volunteering days.
· Award-winning learning and development opportunities, including dedicated time and a wide range of choice in training courses.
· Choice of brand new tech with personal budget to choose IT accessories & handset of your choice.
How to Apply
Please apply to the role by registering your interest by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reaching out via Linked-In "Jamie Carter".