Please note this role does not provide Sponsorship - Valid Right to Work needed.
Cloud Engineers needed UK wide - Offices based in Newcastle Upon Tyne & Manchester - Flexible Hybrid/Remote working
Job purpose: The Cloud Operations DevOps teams are responsible and accountable for the online Product portfolio. The teams ensure our Products and Services are constantly available for our customers to use to run their businesses. A Cloud Operations Engineer participates in bridging the technical gaps between Development and Operations by deploying, administering, improving infrastructure, and improving automation using cloud technologies. The Cloud Operations Engineer is responsible for working in their team, ensuring their Products and Services remains available, secure and performant.
To do this the Cloud Operations Engineer works closely with product delivery teams by deploying, administering, monitoring, and improving their service. This is a 24/7 operation that requires on call coverage from each team member to problem solve any service incidents that may arise. Using guidance from Security, Architecture and Automation subject matter experts, the Cloud Operations Engineer builds and runs infrastructure, operational processes, infrastructure as code, automation of manual processes & improves operational capabilities. These responsibilities include disaster recovery, high system availability, on-demand scalable solutions, infrastructure monitoring, continuous deployment capabilities, etc.
* Take personal accountability for their products so that they remain available, secure and performant
* Take the lead during high pressure incident scenarios, balancing technical resolution and stakeholder communication.
* Participating in our 24x7 on-call rota
* Use technology and knowledge to design and implement solutions and services to simplify customer experience, mitigate risk, improve usability and to impact comapny goals
* Closely co-ordinate with product delivery teams to ensure that designs, standards, and quality can be implemented improving the customer experience
* This role will require you get to know the development team's world (source control, builds, backlogs, sprints, Agile etc.) but also to bring the development team closer to the operational team's world (Infrastructure, OS, security, scripting, monitoring etc.) working in a true DevOps role.
* Research and build knowledge of new & generally available services, new ways to use technologies and changing business processes to gain efficiencies and improve customer experience
* Create, maintain, administer, and enhance infrastructure and infrastructure automation, supporting secure and scalable environments to satisfy both operational, governance, product, and customer needs.
* Communicate with key stakeholders on planned changes, incidents, and service improvement plans
* Monitor applications and systems, identifying issues proactively and mitigating them to improve the customer experience
* Enable continuous deployment cycles and on-demand deployment processes
* Perform 'code' and 'code/infrastructure' deployments
* Maintain Configuration Management Databases for key services.
* Operate to ISO standards and document all processes
* Adhere to company standards and processes.
* Work collaboratively Across team boundaries
* Responsibility for working with budgets, identifying potential cost savings, and ensuring these are prioritized. Monitoring of spend across various platforms, identifying gradual increases, ensuring Dev environments remain at optimal spend levels
Skills, know-how and experience:
* Excellent communicator - able to articulate complex technical issues in simple terms when communicating with non-technical audience or company business stakeholders
* Operating Systems: Windows, Linux &/or MacOS.
* Strong analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills.
* Scripting knowledge for task automation (PowerShell, Bash, Ruby, Python).
* Experience dealing with multiple teams, multitasking & prioritisation skills.
* Proficiency in English language, verbal and written with ability to build relationships and influence
* Proficiency/exposure to SRE activities like - Software/System Engineering and Toil reduction
* Experience building and maintaining Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD processes
* Experience with applications deployed in either AWS or Azure that are using distributed computing, containers, Kubernetes and/or serverless technologies.
* 3-5 yrs. working in a Sysadmin, DevOps, SRE, IT Operations, Developer, or QA/Application Engineer or Similar Role in a customer facing, complex technical environment
* 1-3 yrs. Cloud Experience (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc.)
Technical / professional qualifications:
* It is preferable, but not essential, that the post holder be educated to degree level in a relevant subject OR has deep knowledge in area of expertise
* Preferred to have a Certification in Cloud Technologies
* Salary £35,000 - £85,500 DOE
How to Apply
Please apply to the role by registering your interest by emailing me at email@example.com or reaching out via Linked-In "Jamie Carter".
Tags: #AWS #Engineer #AWSEngineer #AWSSeniorEngineer #AWSDevOps #CloudOps #CloudEngineer #Remote #Terraform #Kubernetes #Docker #Ansible #Python #Ruby