Senior AWS DevOps Engineer - Fully Remote
Salary up to £105k DOE
An award-winning company who provide world class customer service; they think big and they hire great people. They are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in them and they'll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, they want to meet you.
Due to continued success and growth, they are now looking for a Senior AWS/TypeScript DevOps Engineer. You will be working with architects, technologists and development teams with the responsibility to ensure that their products and solutions integrate with their clients. Additionally, the Senior AWS/TypeScript DevOps Engineer will take a lead role working closely with their Operations Engineering team to provide a world-class DevOps Environment.
* Provide technical expertise for provisioning AWS/SaaS and on-premise products
* Strong understanding of the development lifecycle under Agile development methodologies
* Lead on the setting and enforcement of standards and practices affecting development of all new products as well as impacting existing ones. Develop these standards in coordination with peers in other divisions.
* Review and evaluate new and existing development and infrastructure code tooling to ensure it meets standards; or for existing products that they will operate within the overall cloud architecture.
* Evangelize the cloud and microservice message and architecture within the development organization and to our field organizations, partners, and customers.
* Advocate the AWS Well-Architected Framework & Serverless workloads.
* Configure and work with:
* AWS DevOps tooling
* Containerisation technologies (Docker)
* Version control using Git-based repositories (BitBucket/GitHub)
* API-driven and microservices-based architectures
* 7+ years of experience in information technology
* 4+ years actively working with AWS workloads; provisioning and/or managing AWS infrastructure
* 2+ years actively developing Java-based Applications (Lambda desirable)
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
* Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
* Demonstrated experience in both legacy corporate approaches as well as experience pivoting to cloud approach.
* In-depth knowledge of Java programming language
* In-depth knowledge of one high-level infrastructure as code software (CloudFormation or TypeScript-CDK desirable)
Before you apply, here are some benefits: fully remote, bonus, profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more.