Jefferson Frank are working on a highly lucrative role for an esteemed client of our and are seeking an experienced Senior Developer that specialises with Ruby on Rails, Ruby, AWS and building micorservices.
This role is for an intial 6 month contract (remote) and has a flexible open rate depending on experience and suitability, deemed Outside IR35.
This leading client requires the successful person to work Melbourne (Australia) business hours, which is approximately 6pm to 3am ET, Sunday through to Thursday.
Real life Ruby on Rails expert who can do performance remediation, has deep understanding of Ruby and RoR internals. They should have strong database skills too, as we are sure some remediation actions will be discovered in the code, but point back to database.
To dig into performance improvements for a Ruby on Rails application on AWS with Postgres DB.
- help build and automate performance and load testing scenarios (stress, capacity, soak, peak, etc.)
- analyze test results and performance management software to analyze for bottlenecks
- analyze application code, service configurations, database design and query performance, and will recommend code, configuration and database changes to DevOps, development, DB and infrastructure teams
- will define with customer effective microservices architecture, including platform and tooling, and will analyze/recommend legacy functions to migrate into microservices architecture
- must have very strong Ruby on Rails with a strong/demonstrated focus on performance analysis, management and tuning
- must have very strong Postgres, SQL tuning and optimisation
- must have strong experience with load/performance testing scripts and practices
- must have strong experience with AWS infrastructure and platform services, especially with autoscaling, load balancing
- must have strong experience with containerisation, including Docker
- must have strong experience defining and implementing microservice architectures using Java and/or Go
In addition, the client intends to migrate some application components into a microservices architecture, using either Java or Go, so experience with either will be helpful.
Senior Developer | RoR / Ruby | Databases | AWS | Remote | Outside IR35 | Flex Rate
Please apply, or get in touch confidentially on email@example.com