Role - Senior Data Scientist
Rate - £600/Day (Outside IR35)
Contract - 6 Months (12+ Months Work)
Location - 100% Remote
Start - ASAP
I am working with a client who are looking to add a number of Senior Data Scientists to their ranks with a proven track record of delivering projects across the customer and marketing analytics space.
This client has a world class data science division, with a mission to enable the highest quality human and machine decision making. They work throughout the company - in product, business and platform teams. They are uniquely placed to connect and calibrate quantitative decision making throughout the organisation, and have strong relationships with their business partners.
Their team members use technical skills from the whole spectrum of data science: building analytical tools; informing decision making at all levels of the business via bespoke and automated analysis; running experiments; performing causal analysis; informing planning and prioritisation with robust impact estimates; building production machine learning and optimisation models; and upskilling the entire company in data literacy and data driven decision making.
In this role, you will work with stakeholders across marketing and the wider consumer org, both in HQ and in local markets, to improve the way they communicate with their consumers. You will work on solving complex business problems, build tools which simplify the way teams work, spot unexplored opportunities, challenge the status quo and work closely with the wider consumer leadership team to improve their marketing strategy.
* You are an experienced, hands-on individual with strong technical skills (SQL, Python / R and data visualisation tools such as Looker), critical reasoning and experience working with marketing teams.
* You will develop both your business acumen and technical background through training and exposure to senior executives.
* Work with stakeholders in the marketing and consumer team, helping solve their biggest business problems with clear insights based on data and analysis.
* Build tools and frameworks which make their marketing activities more compelling and more efficient.
Challenge existing assumptions and spot opportunities to grow the customer base, improve customer experience, make their operations more efficient and impact their financial performance.
* Partner with product managers and business partners to ensure that product teams are rigorously data driven.
* Be creative and pragmatic in identifying and quantifying opportunities for big impact within your product or business area.
* Bring scientific rigour, entrepreneurial thinking, and passion to tell actionable stories with data.
* Strong analytical mindset and critical thinking.
* A customer centric mindset, who always thinks about the impact of products/services on customers as well as direct business KPIs
* Experience working with marketing teams, in at least one of the following areas: digital (performance) marketing, CRM, customer analytics, econometrics or ATL marketing.
* Ability to communicate complex findings to key stakeholders in a simple way, with excellent data visualization and storytelling skills.
* Deep knowledge of SQL and another programming language such as Python or R.
* The sort of personality who thrives in a fast-moving and quickly changing environment. You should jump for joy when people bring you new ideas or data, and love engaging people across the company at all levels with your enthusiasm for making positive change.
* Experience in a fast-moving startup culture.
* Experience with marketing technology (MarTech)
* Experience running experiments
* Experience with ETL and query optimisation.
* Understanding of machine learning techniques.
* Experience with Git.