Tenable Nessus SME - Hybrid - 8months - SC cleared - Inside IR35
Jefferson Frank are currently recruiting for a Tenable Nessus SME to work with one of our clients who are a UK based consultancy working remotely for a 8 month contract inside IR35.
For this role we would like to find out about your recent projects, demonstrating your skill and proven application of the below technologies.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Tenable (Nessus) SME you will form an integral part of the SOM Security Information & Event Management team, responsible for ensuring that the implementation of the Security Testing/ vulnerability Scanning Service meets the defined business requirements. The Vulnerability Scanning Service is delivered using the Tenable Nessus product, so the applicant is required to have a sound, demonstrable understanding of this toolset and knowledge of industry best practice use of the product.
The Nessus SME will contribute to the end-to-end delivery of the Security Information & Event Management service through:
* production of engineering documentation - knowledge articles, procedures, support documentation
* confirming compliance to requirements
* supporting test campaigns designed to exercise the technology
* assisting consumers of the Vulnerability Scanning service to ensure that, as part of the on-boarding activities to the service, the application of the product within numerous different solutions can be configured appropriately to meet expectations of the service
* ensuring that the benefits being provided by this technology can be demonstrated and are well understood by the organisation
* Support production of training material
* Investigate, develop and remediate defects on the tooling
You will also contribute to the product build out, configuration, testing and operational handover to support staff. The role also involves working with other programmes (non SOM) to accommodate their requirements and configure the Nessus tool set accordingly.
* Extensive and proven experience of the Tenable Nessus product, ideally in a Service Operation Management Environment
* Experience in vulnerability scanning design principles and a record of a successful implementation
* Experience of integrating Nessus with monitoring, orchestration and automation workflows
* Recent hands-on experience in the configuration of Nessus in a highly complex environment
* Attention to detail
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to work collaboratively across multiple disparate teams.
* Experience of working with Service Now
Skills Nice to have
* Working knowledge of Agile Methodologies such as SCRUM;
* Experience of working with the ITIL framework.
* Experience of using JIRA for task management
If you like the sound of the role or know someone who would, regardless of experience, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me! You can call me direct on 0203 826 6676, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply on the advert and I will get back to you ASAP.