DevOps Manager - Glasgow
Salary up to £75k DOE
Office 2/3 days per week post covid
A hands-on technical DevOps Manager is required for a Tier 1 investment bank, working in a global front-office team that supports the Equity Swaps trading business.
You will be responsible for the day to day management of a small Devops team and a non-production environment management team. These teams will drive the Devops agenda for regression test tooling automation, environment stability and meeting the Firms infrastructure hygiene requirements
These teams will help deliver increased regression testing efficiency and completeness, resolve issues, as well as continually feed (often large) improvements back into the projects. This will include improving our current test automation, test environments, or even rearchitecting parts of our test process.
To succeed, you will need to be strong technically and actively hands-on with an ability to understand low level detail and logic. You should have experience in building custom test pipelines and automated testing tooling. You will need to act as a guide and mentor to your team members in order to achieve your vision.
You are likely to have come from a development background. However, you will have had recent proven experience in a testing / release / devops / automation role. You might be entirely hands-on today developing test and release tooling; this role could be an opportunity for you to step-up in your career and to lead a small team for the first time, whilst continuing to remain hands on in the detail - however we would be looking for you to demonstrate that you are ready for such a move.
The role requires someone who is flexible, able to respond to a dynamic business environment and able to take ownership and responsibility for the delivery deadlines. The candidate should possess good analytical skills, good software engineering skills, a logical approach to problem solving, be able to work in a fast paced environment liaising with demanding stakeholders to understand complex requirements, have experience in complex data domains and be able to prioritise under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Experience leading and managing a small team
- A thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience with end to end testing, test concepts, test automation and best practice
- Strong Unix / Linux knowledge, with Shell scripting (Perl or Python useful)
- RDBMS Sybase and/or DB2, with ability to write simple SQL queries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- An awareness of when to escalate
- Knowledge of Ansible, Jenkins and CI/CD, or similar tools and methods
- knowledge of QA automation testing solutions
- Knowledge of DevOps
- Foundations in server-side Java running on Linux
- Knowledge of the Equity Derivative business
- An interest to learn the business supported by the applications
The client is looking to hire someone ASAP, with interviews planned from next week.
To find out more contact email@example.com or call 0191 814 7785