PRINCIPAL NETWORK ENGINEER - CONTRACT - LONDON - MARKET RATE - INSIDE IR35.
We have a great opportunity for a Principal Network Engineer, who can Think, Drive, Support, Coordinate and Deliver. Reporting to the Head of Networks, you'll be responsible for leading the design, maintenance and expansion of the network.
You'll be a technical expert and understand the workings of our carrier grade network and capable of acting as a final point of escalation for the most complex fault's. You'll need to be equally comfortable working individually, or managing a small team, whilst comfortable and able to deliver projects from start to finish.
As a predominantly project focused team role, you'll own your assigned project life cycle, from scoping right through delivery and optimisation, either independently, or as a team lead.
What you'll do
* Own, manage and deliver projects from the network projects pipeline.
* Creating, managing and updating the project plans & deliverables.
* Be an authority on the existing Network, acting as the final point of call for fault escalation.
* Network design, maintenance and optimisation.
* Ensure network availability is kept above the SLA thresholds.
* Assess, maintain and enhance network performance and security.
* Proactive response to alarms & monitor the network status.
* Document everything from network designs, troubleshooting manual and procedures to user guides.
* Work with all the key stakeholders to ensure project tasks are completed efficiently and effectively.
* Carry out migration/maintenance tasks as required by the business.
* Visit data centres & sites to keep the network up to a set standard.
* Provide Out of Hours support for network escalations.
* Support junior members of the team with the technical queries.
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
* Proven hands-on experience working with carrier grade cisco devices.
* CCIE certified (both lab and written)
* Strong carrier grade network design, migration and implementation experience.
* Comprehensive practical and theoretical knowledge of typical carrier technologies, including BGP, OSPF/ISIS, Multicast, IPv6, Firewalls, MPLS and MPLS based VPN solutions.
* Deep understanding of packet captures, and the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems based on packet analysis.
* Experience of configuring and using common Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) such as Solarwinds, Nagios, PRTG, etc.
* Experience producing technical documentation including, Project Plans, High Level Designs (HLD) and Low Level Designs (LLD).
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
* Network Security experience
* Experience with PON based infrastructure
* Automation/Scripting Skills
* Exposure to SDN
We're rebuilding London's broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we're installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it's been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It's a project like no other. We're growing fast, and we're looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That's why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.
If you like the sound of the role or know someone who would, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me! email firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply on the advert and I will get back to you ASAP.