Role: Principle Data Architect
Salary: £75,000 - £100,000 per annum
Location: Central London + remote
Benefits: To be dscussed over the phone (Long list)
They're an Engineering international consultancy that helps companies achieve success by turning ideas into real-life results. To do this, they provide interdisciplinary teams, currently across Europe and Asia, to work closely with their customers to deliver solutions. In the UK, they support digital innovation and embedded software. Across the group, they cover digital systems, Internet-connected devices, and physical product design (embedded and mechatronics).
Their clients range from the largest multinationals to start-ups: what they have in common is the need for a partner who can be trusted to deliver effectively.
Your job will involve working in small teams, communicating closely with their clients to design, develop, test, and ship systems that deliver value. You will be looking both to contribute to the company and to grow personally.
Their clients reputation is fundamental to the business, so their culture emphasizes quality, reliability and respect. As a privately-held company owned by past and present employees, and run by engineers, we take a long-term view.
Your continuous education is essential for us! We know how important life-long and fast learning is, which is why we invest 10% of our turnover in developing skills and services in an agile way - matching your needs and those of the company. We strongly believe in developing one's skills "on the job" and we encourage this approach in particular. In addition, we offer a range of complementary training courses tailored to the needs of the company and its employees. And we regularly take advantage of coaching and mentoring.
As part of our longer-term view, we believe that diversity in the workplace benefits all, we have ethical guidelines about which client industries we will work for, and we have an initiative to become carbon neutral during 2020.
Your job will include:
* As a Data Architect you master the big data world and help our customers to make their own data fit for business or operational purpose -- whether in the Cloud or in their own data center.
* You develop, test and monitor distributed data processing pipelines.
* You work closely with data scientists on the development of machine learning models.
* You extrapolate versatile data sets and sources in a performant and repeatable way.
* You prepare performance and cost estimates for various use cases.
* You develop and create compelling dashboards to visualize the processed data.
* You prepare detailed reports for management and other departments by analyzing and interpreting data
* You work collaboratively with colleagues and clients, be it onsite, in the office, or from home.
* You keep yourself technically sharp and get things done.
* You occasionally travel to other company locations, e.g. in mainland Europe, for project work or for developing competencies across the group.
Skills & Requirements:
* You have a degree in computer science or mathematics, or a comparable qualification.
* Confident in decision making and the ability to explain processes or choices as needed.
* You have a rich experience of professional data engineering, implementing projects in industry and services, in a client facing contexts.
* You have high degree of experience with big data infrastructures (e.g. Hadoop/Spark ecosystem) and concepts for storing and processing large and/or heterogeneous data volumes.
* You are knowledgeable in at least one public cloud data stack
* You are experienced with batch or streaming architecture
* You have deep practical knowledge of handling varied types of data (text, tabular, graph, time-series, geospatial, image, etc.).
* In addition to your programming skills in Python, Java and SQL you have hands-on experience with databases (relational/NoSQL), containerisation, and Cloud environments such as AWS or GCP.
* You are experienced with business intelligence, data analytics and data visualisation frameworks.
* You are knowledgeable in the area of information security
* Data warehousing experience is a plus
If you're interested in joining us, send us your CV and start your first step into realising your career goals at a company that values talent and cares about its employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
To find out more, don't hesitate and reach out now to Elliott Collins by email - email@example.com or by phone on 0203 826 6692. We can run through the role in detail and discuss your ideals further.
If however this is not exactly what you're looking for, feel free to get in touch and we can talk about how we'll find the perfect opportunity for you.