Big Data Architect/Solutions Manager
My client are a global telecommunications company looking to build a UK based Data team and expand in the UK/European markets respectively, they are looking for seasoned Data Architects to come in and provide technical leadership on architecting and designing end to end solutions for their new data lake initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have experience in similar telecom platforms, will be profficient in Azure and Spark.
Role & Responsibilities
* Articulate business and data requirements from business analysts across the various functional and business areas and then design/manage enterprise big data architecture, data governance, and automated data reconciliation.
* Hands-on technical big data architect with extensive experience in designing big data solutions using open source and cloud native technologies.
* Technical line management of remote big data engineering team (10-15). Responsible for engineering excellence, resource management, hiring, coaching engineers, and timely delivery of committed work.
* Create and maintain big data architectural & design artefacts to ensure the up to date documentation for the relevant program and projects is readily available; ensuring knowledge is disseminated.
* Contribute to the evolution and planning of the enterprise architecture from data perspective by ensuring solutions are developed in line with roadmap.
* Collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders to identify and define customer needs
* Involve in partner selection and partner resource selection to ensure that the right partner/resource are selected who would be assisting the company in development & engineering.
* Be the voice of the customer in the context and value of the business requirements
* Manage the Technical Product Backlog of epics and features and drive prioritisation
* Support data lake design, development, release schedule and maintain a development road ma
Skills & Qualifications
* Demonstrable experience owning and developing big data solutions, using Hadoop, Hive/Hbase, Spark, Databricks, ETL/ELT for 5+ years
* 10+ years of Information Technology experience, preferably with Telecom / wireless service providers.
* Experience in designing data solution following Agile practices (SAFe methodology); designing for testability, deployability and releaseability; rapid prototyping, data modeling, and decentralized innovation
* DataOps mindset: allowing the architecture of a system to evolve continuously over time, while simultaneously supporting the needs of current users
* Create and maintain Architectural Runway, and Non-Functional Requirements.
* Design for Continuous Delivery Pipeline (CI/CD data pipeline) and enables Built-in Quality & Security from the start.
* To be able to demonstrate an understanding and ideally use of, at least one recognised architecture framework or standard e.g. TOGAF, Zachman Architecture Framework etc
* The ability to apply data, research, and professional judgment and experience to ensure our products are making the biggest difference to consumers
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
* Excellent written, verbal and social skills - You will be interacting with all types of people (user experience designers, developers, managers, marketers, etc.)
* Ability to work in a fast paced, multiple project environment on an independent basis and with minimal supervision
* Technologies: .NET, AWS, Azure; Azure Synapse, Nifi, RDS, Apache Kafka, Azure Data bricks, Azure datalake storage, Power BI, Reporting Analytics, QlickView, SQL on-prem Datawarehouse; BSS, OSS & Enterprise Support Systems
* Hybrid work from home arrangemen
* 10% bonus
* SIM card
* Other benefits available on request
This is a great opportunity to join and revolutionise a global telecom companies Data Platform, and grow their brand in the european market, please not they are not able to sponsor VISA's, so please only apply if you have the rights to work in the UK.
Apply below to get in touch with Steven from Jefferson Frank to learn more, they are interviewing immediately.