Senior Linux System Administrator, Glasgow
You will be working for a well known Financial Services organisation in their Glasgow offices.
You will be operating as a Senior Linux System Administrator Specialised Infrastructure Technology Function. Specialised Infrastructure provide full stack infrastructure provision from solution design through to product support. Whilst predominantly aligned to the Pre-Trade Technology transaction cycle responsible for Markets execution, Specialised Infrastructure are capable of providing the same service to the wider organisation.
Role & Responsibilities
* Build, support, and monitor co-located servers and select campus server infrastructure.
* Regional escalation contact for all hosts.
* Provide on call rota support
* Troubleshoot and debug incidents related (but not limited) to application, server, network, and automation
* Maintain and expand supporting infrastructure and automation mechanisms
* Enact changes to the non-production and production environments.
* Liaise with the business/application areas to capture requirements.
What you will need -
* Expert knowledge of administration of Redhat Products, especially RHEL 6 & 7.
* Building, configuring, and maintaining production environments, including standard networking preferably using Red Hat Enterprise Linux as the Operating System.
* Scripting and automating complex tasks.
* Chef or similar (ansible, puppet) for end-to-end server configuration management.
* Strong knowledge of server side networking (TCP/UDP/Multicast).
* Working experience with Data Science/Hadoop. Working knowledge of Cloudera and Elastic would also be preferable
What will help -
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to assess production impact and risk.
* Strong project management, interpersonal, and communication skills.
* Self-motivated and comfortable making decisions without the need for immediate supervision.
* Background in managing and troubleshooting low-latency trading environments, including an understanding of Linux internals, and preferably with Solarflare/Onload.
* You will receive a very competitive salary
* The ability to work from home 3 days a week (from when they are back in the offices, around September time)
* Life Insurance
* Competitive pension plan
* Plus a whole array of other fantastic day to day benefits!