Director of Software Engineering - PERM - HYBRID ROLE
Location: West Lake Village, CA
Ideal candidate will lead the architecture, design, build, and operation of scalable enterprise-grade software platforms in an omni-channel retail environment. Client is seeking a transformational/ servant leader that can drive adoption of best-practices and development using modern, full stack technologies to develop new capabilities and transform legacy enterprise systems.
* Full stack software development including - web front end, back end, databases, data analytics, dev-ops, with prior hands-on coding
* Experience building and retaining high performance teams and leading global software engineering teams. Excellent project management/leadership required to create and deliver on the roadmap.
* Deep technical domain expertise in Direct-to-Consumer (DTC), eCommerce / Digital,Business-to-Business (B2B), and marketplaces in a multi-tenant, Retail / Omni-channelenvironment is required.
* Lead our Digital Innovation Labs. Provide technical direction for future-state architecture
* across development teams, multiple product lines, and enterprise-level software applications
* Lead Rapid Prototyping of emerging technologies (Apache Pinot, React, Swift, Node.js, Java). Analyze industry/market trends to assist in project development & operational support.
* Lead transformation to microservices / headless architectures and containerized applications.
* Lead Architecture Review Board. Create & validate reference architectures, POCs ,and evangelize design patterns & technical / operational best practices for digital solutions.
* Manage portfolio of customer facing applications (web & mobile) for Web, Lessons, and retail associate applications
* Design, develop, and operate existing software platforms: web-ops, app-ops, metrics-driven operational dashboards/alerting
* Experience leading software engineering teams in a product environment
* Ecommerce experience
* Direct implementation and/or operational experience with one or more of the following:
* JS, TypeScript
* Python/ Java
* React, Node.js (Must)
* AWS, GCP, Azure (AWS required)
* Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes, AWS ECR