Sr. Java Developer
Position: Sr. Java Developer - Infrastructure as Code
Pay Rate: $140k - $160k
Locations: Irving, TX or Tampa, Fl
Java Developer with Back-end. Solid Java and Springboot experience. .
A senior software engineer with experience in designing, securing, building, optimizing, and supporting all aspects of infrastructure as code automation at scale - networking, storage, compute, virtualization, containers, firewalls, security, middleware etc.
The infrastructure automation team manages a platform that builds and configures over 15000 application environments and provides full stack application infrastructure including compute, networking, storage, middleware, and security.
The orchestrating application is primarily Java Spring with end point automation being performed by Ansible. We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join the team with experience in infrastructure as code automation and an appetite for developing and architecting automation solutions.
* Architect and develop automation solutions for complex enterprise infrastructure lifecycle including provisioning, configuring, maintaining, and decommissioning.
* Define and implement security architecture for the most critical infrastructure systems.
* Ensure all infrastructure components are built to software engineered standards including proper end-to-end functional and load testing.
* Work with enterprise infrastructure providers and application development teams to guide and co-develop automation workflows and drive infrastructure as code across the enterprise.
* Service Reliability Engineering - operate and support the infrastructure automation platform to deliver according to SLO/SLAs including tuning the observability tools and performing root cause analysis.
- 5+ year of software development experience (Java on Linux)
- 3+ years scripting in Python/Shell/PowerShell
- 3+ years of experience with infrastructure as code and - CI/CD tools like Git and Jenkins.
- Competent with API, web services and microservices development and integration
- Java Spring Framework development experience
- Experience with Sql/NoSql databases like Oracle, MongoDB
- Experience with Containers, Kubernetes, Openshift
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong analytical, algorithmic, and problem-solving skills desired
- Experience with policy as code frameworks/tools (OPA, Sentinel) a plus
- Experience with other config management tooling e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience writing and managing large number of automation tests