You will be acting as a Data Engineer and work with a team of 4-5 other engineers. This role will consist of collaboration in building/maintaining their data pipeline and analytic platform. This position also will allow you to team up with business stakeholders to develop data science models. You will be implementing your data engineering best practices through Python, SQL, Spark through AWS.
Role & Responsibilities
* Develop and implement data pipeline orchestration utilities using Apache
* Support AWS platform DevOps best practices throughout all data engineering
* Create and manage AWS resources using infrastructure-as-code best practices, specifically in Terraform.
* Partner with internal and external stakeholders to collect requirements and recommend best practice solutions.
* Develop solutions to catalogue and manage metadata to support data governance and data democratization.
* Develop and implement automated test cases and data reconciliation to validate ETL processes and data quality & integrity.
* Partner with Data Scientists to design, code, train, test, deploy and iterate machine learning algorithms and systems at scale.
Skills & Qualifications
* Associates degree, preferably in a technical/analytical field
* Additional 3+ years working in another role within an IT delivery team
* Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
* Ability to create technical artifacts and documentation
* Experience in successful delivery of data products
* Experience or willingness to learn Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark, GraphX
* Experience in Airflow or willing to learn
* Experience or willingness to learn one or multiple of the following languages Python, Scala, or S
* Knowledge of recreational Databases
* Competitive compensation
* Inclusive Benefits
* Flexible culture
* An opportunity to work with a global community across multiple countries
* Career development and empowerment