Senior Cloud Architect - South Manchester - £85k (Bonus + 10 % Pension) - Digital transformation
My client is a major bank going through an exciting period of digital transformation. The organisation is looking to upgrade their tech stack and need expert help to advise on best practise and put their plans into place.
There is a large hiring drive in this space and its simply not to be missed. A big focus for the business is migrating to Cloud technologies (Primarily AWS). If you can work in a team that continuously sets new standards when developing state of the art technical architectural solutions to satisfy often complex business needs as well as being someone who has real world architectural experience in Greenfield context combined with a desire to accelerate their vision to be the best architectural design team in Europe, then this one is for you.
* Large amount of remote working and flexible working
* A number of offices to work from
* Base salary ranging from £70,000 - £85,000.
* Position at VP-level (Vice President) within the bank.
* Annual discretionary bonus, usually ranging from 10-20%.
* Discounted gym
* Fantastic facilities on site
* Company pension at 10%.
* Private healthcare cover.
* AWS Solution Architect certification - foundation level or higher e.g. Associate level, is highly desirable.
* Exposure to API design strategies both for internal and external customer usage.
* Hands-on experience in architecting cloud solutions (AWS/Azure/GCP)
* Experience of Modern Architecture patterns e.g. Domain Driven, Event Streaming (CQRS based), Data lakes, API (e.g. MicroServices, Service Mesh, GraphQL/REST etc.), iOS/Android App (for channels).
* Hands-on experience with open source and proprietary technologies.
* Experience of working in DevOps operating model and associated tools e.g. JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Chef etc.
* Ability to manage technical product selection process, scope & execute Tech spikes/PoCs.
* Breadth of knowledge / Strong knowledge across Container (Kubernetes/Docker), Monitoring tools (Prometheus/Grafana), No SQL DB/Cassandra, Data Model, Machine Learning tools etc.
* Ability to understand Threat Vectors in cloud environment and design associated security/controls.
* Experience of working with service management teams.
* Application/Infrastructure/Enterprise Architect training and certification, e.g. TOGAF.
If you can demonstrate a good % of the above then I'd love to speak with you. I also have the more junior version of this role available.
Apply for the role or email email@example.com to discuss further.
Anything discussed will remain confidential. Moreover, due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, all interviews and on-boarding will be executed remotely.