One of my best customers is a biotechnology company who discover, develop, and commercialize more environmentally friendly and more effective insecticides and fungicide products for crop protection to help diminish the harmful chemicals that are being put on plants today. They are deeply committed to giving growers tools that allow them to produce high-quality crops by producing products that benefits humans and their environment.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer who will be the most senior person on the team and be a data engineering and data architecture thought leader. You will help design, develop and deliver a robust data architecture that supports data science, automated data pipelines, analytics workflows and visualizations as well as build data systems that enable seamless uptake and integration of complex datasets from multiple internal and public sources.
* Proven data architecture and engineering experience including data modeling, cloud-based data systems, building data pipelines and workflows
* Experience working with large and complex structured and unstructured datasets
* Excellent communication skills and a passion for cross-disciplinary collaboration
* Understanding of data science and data quality
* Curiosity, love of learning, and a passion for solving complex problems
* Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
* Experience and proficiency with:
* AWS, including:
* Cloudformation template design and implementation
* VPC architecture
* Github (preferable) or other code management and version control technologies
* Experience with agile is a plus
* Prior knowledge/experience with biological sciences is not required
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please contact Emily Gardner with your resume, accompanied by a few dates and times you are available to have a brief phone screening. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply here!