My client who provide enterprises with an ML-based application security platform that stops sophisticated threats targeted at public-facing web and API applications. Our products enable large enterprises discover and monitor their public-facing APIs for security risks such as sensitive data exfiltration and account takeover.
They are looking for a Senior / Principal Product Manager to join the team building the next generation of API Security products. In this role, you will help to evolve, redefine, and build several exciting API security product features. You will own all aspects of product management for this product, including feature definition, defining the user experience, timely product execution, and rapid rollout to customers. As a Principal Product Manager, you are expected to excel in an ambiguous, fast paced environment to succeed in a rapidly growing market like API security which is constantly evolving. You are expected to show high judgement and prioritize based on the most strategic value for the business.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative, analytical, and fast-paced environment interacting with highly technical cross-functional teams. Candidates must have excellent analytical capabilities, be comfortable diving deep into data and have strong writing skills. Candidates must have a track record of understanding customer needs and delivering successful cybersecurity products.
Required Skills and Experience
* 8+ years of product management experience (roadmap planning, release planning, information gathering for use cases, competitive analyses, writing up whitepapers or blogs, and a strong ability to explain technical concepts at both a high-level and low-level to a variety of audiences)
* Strong technical knowledge in one or more of the following fields: application security, WAF, bot defense, API gateways, SIEM/SOAR, Kubernetes/Docker.
* Familiarity with common API implementation approaches - REST, GraphQL and/or gRPC and OpenAPI/Swagger specifications.
* Experience with Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure and/or GCP)
* Experience in building features that rely on supervised or unsupervised ML models
* Experience in analyzing product success and identifying opportunities to improve and articulate those decisions to the wider team
* Ability to articulate detailed requirements across the different parts of the product to ensure successful release of new product/features
* Experience with building efficient pricing models
* Analytical mind-set with an ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
* Proven experience delivering initiatives from conception through completion
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
* Ability to build consensus among various stakeholders across different teams
* Ability to work with development teams, as well as internal and external customers to finalize and document detailed product requirements by feature sets
* Ability to work with the development manager to outline release plans and communicate to the rest of the organization
* Ability to clearly define requirements for acceptance testing and for product documentation
* MBA or equivalent entrepreneurial experience
* Knowledge or experience working with Application Security products such as WAF, Bot Defense or API Security
* Experience working with SaaS and container-based products
If you are interested in having a conversation please reach out to Martin Dawson at email@example.com or APPLY BELOW