Our Client is a rapidly growing SaaS start-up setting a new standard for agile product innovation and consumer research. Their clients include well-known international and Finnish consumer brands and agencies.
Product and brand teams use their platform throughout the innovation process to test often, learn fast, and bring winning ideas to the market. They make advanced consumer research easy and amplify innovation. They have currently around 40 people based in Finland, Sweden, the UK, and the Netherlands.
About the role
The person should be based in the Helsinki Capital region or be able to come to the office in Kamppi, Helsinki when work requires - at least bi-weekly.
We're seeking a talented UX/UI Designer to lead our design initiatives, collaborating closely with cross-functional teams and clients.
They are looking for our first in-house Senior UX/UI Designer to join them in their Helsinki office. You will be the owner of their platform user experience design, while collaborating with a team of product owners, software engineers, data scientists and our global clients. You will empower their global clients to use the platform and improve their innovation success rates.
- Shape the look and feel of our software user experience design.
- Manage and improve our design system and deliver UI design work
- Collaborate with other members of the company to build and test prototypes of functionalities of our platform.
- Run user research and co-creation workshops with our clients and internal teams to improve our platform features, functionalities and experience.
- Participate in agile software development / sprints as agreed with our teams
- Be an active member in building our design culture, product roadmaps and our client's brand and user experience.
What they are seeking:
- You have 5 + years of work experience in digital software design, including building UI design and design systems development.
- You have worked with agile methods (e.g. Scrum) using Figma, Jira or similar tools for collaboratively building prototypes
- You have great communication skills in English and are a great team collaborator with professionals from other fields (e.g. engineering, commercial, product)
- You are highly ambitious and are seeking a place that can enable you to grow in your career. You will be our first designer, and there are many decisions to be made that will impact the future of how they do design.
- It is a plus if you have had experience as a team leader, visual brand identity building, consumer market research and/or consumer product innovation
* Getting things done, looking for a way, not excuses. Willing to go the extra mile when needed.
* High level of ambition, interest in growing professionally, and advancing career.
* Lifetime learner.
* Holistic thinker - he/she looks for the bigger picture and strives to understand what their customers and the business need.
Communication is very important. English language level should be sufficient to effectively communicate.
Drive/ambition - they are looking for people with a growth mindset, who want to develop professionally and climb the career ladder, willing to go the extra mile and push the business forward.
These things above are crucial for them.
According to Harvard business school research 95% of new product launches fail (https://nulab.com/learn/project-management/95-new-products-fail-heres-succeed/). Our client is working to drive this percentage down, reducing waste from this planet and people's lives. It helps our clients to come up with only useful products that consumers love.
Our client has been developing its own test methodology and state-of-the-art AI solutions to achieve its vision.
Some of their current and prospective customers belong to Fortune 10. Some of their clients: Nestle, Electrolux, Carlsberg, and many Nordic big brands.
They are a small company - about 40 people and it is a great time to join. The company is accelerating on its growth trajectory and in the upcoming few years has all chances not only to disrupt the market but also to create new categories. It is a great time to join now, the early employees have a unique position for great professional and career growth.
All of their full-time employees are also owners, when joining, the new employee receives company options.
Everyone is expected to give their best to help the company succeed, every contribution counts, as a company, we take care of our employees and help them achieve their aspirations.
On the working environment: They work in a hybrid environment. 90-95% remotely.