AWS Cloud Team Leader - £95,000 + Car Allowance + Pension + Private Health Care - London/Remote
Client provides merchant-facing businesses - banks, acquirers, PSPs, ISOs, ISVs and others - with a platform that enables them to run their business smarter by giving them easy access to any payment technology.
Role Responsibilities The Cloud Engineer Team Leader role is responsible for leading, mentoring and coaching the Cloud Engineering team.
Mentor and lead the Cloud Engineering Team
Train and educate more junior members so they grow and expand their knowledge
Undertake demonstrations and presentations and prepare reports as required
Act as a technical consultant where appropriate, providing advice and guidance relating to the requirements of other teams within the company
This role is within the financial services industry and, as a result, requires us to work within a highly secure, highly regulated and controlled environment. The position would suit an individual with a keen eye on process, security, and an eye for detail. You will need to work under pressure and keep calm managing the tickets across the teams to ensure the work priorities are met in line with the company business needs.
* The applicant should be able to demonstrate expertise in cloud frameworks, design, provision, support and maintenance predominantly in Amazon Web Services using Terraform and CloudFormation as well as automation and scripting.
* The applicant should show a history of excelling within the industry which should be evidenced by obvious progression within their resume.
* It would be helpful to have a knowledge of other public cloud providers such as Azure and GCP but not essential.
* AWS Professional level Certified or proven experience (4+ years working) - ECS, RDS, ELB, S3, IAM, GLACIER, SECURITY, CLOUDFRONT, ROUTE53, LAMBDA, API GATEWAY, DYNAMODB, GLUE, KMS, GLOBAL ACCELERATOR
* Linux 8 years
* Docker, virtualisation and configuration - Rancher, Packer, Kubernetes
* Advanced Bash scripting and Python scripting
* Design and management of automation technologies in large scale environments - Ansible, Chef, Puppet or Salt
* Orchestration tools - Bamboo, CircleCI, Jenkins, TeamCity etc.
* Ability to define and design security mechanisms to protect applications, workloads and data stored in the cloud.
* Ability to work with, manage, configure and troubleshoot Linux based services.
* Deployment and configuration of relational databases such as MySQL and Postgres.
* Proven experience of working with NoSQL/Document based databases such as Cassandra, DynamoDB.
* Knowledge of TCP networking (addressing, routing, services, IPSEC, VPN etc.)
* Experience of the Atlassian stack: Bamboo, Bitbucket, Confluence and Jira
* The applicant should be able to demonstrate considerable practical hands-on experience in the above technical skills in a similar operational role.
* The applicant should be able to demonstrate good communication skills at all levels, customer to senior management.
* High interpersonal skills to enable partnership with Business Teams, Product Teams and stakeholders, both internal and customers.
This role offers:
* Competitive compensation
* Permanent position
* Benefits package, including private healthcare and Car Allowances
* A flexible and hybrid work environment
How to Apply
Please apply to the role by registering your interest by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reaching out via LinkedIn "Jamie Carter".
Tags: #AWS #Lambda #GCP #DevOpsEngineer #Serverless #AWSCloudEngineer #AWSSeniorCloudEngineer #AWSDevOps #Remote #Fargate #ECS #Python