Test Engineer III - FULLY REMOTE - Up to £40,000
My client is building the next generation of capabilities that powers our merchant-first ecosystem. The radical and responsible delivery of value is their mandate. They believe that focused and empowered teams can do great things. They are a curious, driven, and pragmatic bunch who believe in outcomes over outputs, and they are looking for like-minded individuals to join them on their journey.
Things they are obsessive about:
* Small team, big things
* Develop, grow, thrive
* Real people, real problems
Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop new and novel testing strategies from a user (e.g., Merchant, Consumer, Partner, etc.) point of view for both functional and non-functional requirements.
* From requirement specifications, develop test plans/cases within a Lean/Agile Software Development framework - define methodologies, pass/fail criteria, risk assessment, and assumptions.
* Comprehend user stories to understand task items per story in the context of all levels of testing (unit, functional, integration, and regression).
* Perform ad hoc / exploratory / user-acceptance testing methodically to ensure products are working as expected.
* Conduct regression/integration testing as release moves through different environments before Production deployment
* Highlight and identify any testing gaps found through regression testing and working with Test / Engineering teams to resolve them.
* 5-7 years in a Test Engineering position.
* BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
* Coding or scripting experience a plus.
* Demonstrated use of (BDD/TDD) frameworks (e.g., JUnit/JBehave, Cucumber, etc.).
* Experience in regression testing as releases move through different environments.
* Experience in testing Web Services, Web UI, and APIs.
* Good knowledge of Linux / Unix.
* Excellent technical understanding and ability to learn new software quickly
* Strong knowledge of traditional testing methodologies and how it applies exploratory testing in an Agile environment
* Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive, and can function under pressure in an independent environment.
* Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written - and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
To apply or for more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 338 6624