Enterprise Architect - Anywhere in UK (Remote options) - £89,000
The Enterprise Architect is responsible for both enabling and driving the execution of change towards the desired business vision through articulation and promotion of capabilities, application roadmaps and depicting transition and future states. You collaborate closely with senior business and technology leaders across the Group, ensuring our technology strategies reflect business goals, and the current and desired future capabilities. You also ensure that domain roadmaps align to the strategic vision.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As an Enterprise Architect, you create and align business capability models and transformation roadmaps to facilitate discussion and decision making with senior stakeholders, driving the group towards agreement regarding technology direction and definition of technology strategy. In collaboration with senior technology leaders, including Heads of Architecture and senior architects from their teams, you shape a vision and define architectural strategies to translate business opportunities and customer expectations into innovative IT solutions.
You think long term and use your industry knowledge and understanding the business's strategy to shape the platform architecture, keeping yourself continuously informed of the latest innovations, technologies and patterns and practices, enabling you to develop strategies that enhance the technology landscape. You foster a culture of delivering business outcomes sustainably and with the right level of quality from the outset, balancing the trade-off between technical debt and speed to market.
You have a strong background and experience in modern cloud native architecture, especially Amazon Web Service. You work in an international context with senior technology and business stakeholders and manage large-scale technology transformation and implementations with aggressive timelines. You advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelise great engineering and organisational practices across the domain.
You are an active member of the global architecture communities. You love to learn and acquire new skills and you enjoy teaching others. You are not afraid to get stuck in and work directly with teams - you hate being in an ivory tower.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
* An experienced architect and authentic servant leader with passion for technology and Enterprise architecture
* Ability to develop, maintain and evolve a framework for the Enterprise and Solutions architects
* Proven track record in designing architecture blueprints and their optimisation to drive development and innovation
* Proficiency in translating business vision into viable technical strategies and in conveying such strategies back to business stakeholders
* Passionate about agile software delivery practices, delivering business value and driving continuous improvement
* Experience in working in an agile environment and able to integrate architecture practises and agile ways of working
* Able to develop a helicopter view and a long-term vision
* Systems thinker with a strong understanding of business needs and ability to manage a range of priorities and delegate effectively
* Problem solver with a pragmatic evangelist approach to drive the spirit required in a fast-paced digital space
* Great communicator and facilitator comfortable working across organisational and market boundaries and managing senior stakeholders. Able to disagree yet align
* Experienced with cloud technology, especially Amazon Web Services, with Associate or Professional level Architecture certification
* Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
* Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
* Enjoys and is energized by complex problem solving with an ability to push innovation through technical solutions
If you are interested in applying for this role or want to find out more information please get in touch with myself via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mobile on 020 3868 5178, or apply via the apply link attached to this advert.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organisations worldwide to find and deliver the best permanent and contract AWS DevOps, Big Data, IaaS and PaaS, and AWS Security professionals on the planet. For more information, visit jeffersonfrank.com